Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Covered Bridge

I am suggesting a covered bridge type be added into the game. Now since they are covered they would probably need to be restricted to flat and level bridges only i think. (same height on both ends) 

bd4c5ecddde9e3071a8a1258b05d09f3.jpg

This might be to out of place for wurm but i guess as long as you match it with the building walls we have then it might fit in okay. 

• Like 15

mmm this reminds me of Home and childhood.  Many of these where I grew up/went to school.

The only complaint I have with this suggestion is that it should not be necessary for the bridge to be the same height on both ends. That restriction serves no real purpose but to add more tedium.

+1 overall, though.

Edited by Laiwyn

The only complaint I have with this suggestion is that it should not be necessary for the bridge to be the same height on both ends. That restriction serves no real purpose but to add more tedium.

+1 overall, though.

Well to me it would look out of place having a covered bridge going up 300 slope or something seems like a flat level one would seem more natural. (it is up to the developers i can just restrict my building to just level areas i just want the covered bridge as an option)

If there was a restriction on the height difference between the two ends, it should be reasonable at the very least. I don't think requiring the same exact height on both ends is reasonable when, say, a 2 slope difference would not even be perceptible unless you are trying to look for some amount of imperfection.

Big +1 to covered bridges, I have a perfect place to put one and would love to see this added.

Ditto! It also makes sense for the Wurm World. The reason there was covered bridges: HOrses are terrified of water, so to prevent them from panicking when crossing a bridge, they had the bridge covered to keep the horse from seeing the water below. Or something like that. Still... It looked awesome when crossing rivers and such. ((When there was no water underneath, like crossing cliffs or such, it wasn't necessary. So the reason for it being relatively flat is justified in that it was mostly used for crossing rivers)) 

+1

+1
Seen people do similar fake bridges using wooden buildings next to steep slopes, and it fits perfectly with Wurm. Being able to make them as real bridges with water underneath = awesome

I know this thread is from a while ago, but I just found it tonight when I was looking to see if covered bridges were in the game somehow. Any word on this moving forward?

• Like 1

+1 to wooden covers for bridges

(Who the hell can resist a good necro, am I right?)

Awen and I created our own version of a covered bridge when using land bridged a while back. Would love this idea be made a reality on normal bridges

+1