Sign in to follow this  
Celantra

Black Dog Canal Bridge

The Black Dog Canal Bridge and reclamation project has been completed and approved by the GM's.  It is still a heritage site.  It has been tested with all ship types with passengers and there are no passage problems so far.  We have killed the troll under the bridge so that it should be safe for passage, but watch out for crocodiles. 

Thanks to everyone in the BDI community for assistance with this project.  Kasumi, Odyc, Aarontx, Pox, Edzwar, Dano, MItzie, and all the others who contributed time and effort to this project.  The cleanup of the Canal actually took at least as much effort as building the bridge itself.  This was a wonderful project that brought us all together in a common cause. The results are better than what I personally believed they would be.  We persevered and now have easier access to the mainland.

For some reason none of the pics I took came out.  I got my desktop instead of the game for some reason, oh well.  I will leave it to others to post their favorite screenshots of this area. 

I would like to invite everyone to come take a look.  Tell us what you think.  My personal hope is that this will help form a stronger community in the area.

Thank you again everyone!

I cant wait to see other folks pictures of the area.

Edited by Celantra
  • Like 6

Kewl, I will need to make another trip down to see it!!

Doh forgot to add you to the list Mitzie - its been corrected lol.  Thanks for all the shards!

Edited by Celantra

Grats everyone, nice job :)

Pictures are impressive cant wait to go thru it.

Edited by Zelbane

here's a couple Pics of it

RYIBHTh.jpgRCgjYtc.jpgjP9adjz.jpg Now that this is done we can turn our attention to the other side of the island.

• Like 7

Very nice looking functional bridge there. Those dirt ramps on each side provide more than enough height for all ship passages I would think. Good benefit to be on a Heritage Site too. Well done!

=Ayes=

Very nice looking functional bridge there. Those dirt ramps on each side provide more than enough height for all ship passages I would think. Good benefit to be on a Heritage Site too. Well done!

Yes the ramps are 90 dirt high, more then enough for all ships.

Great work guys it looks AWESOME!

As one of the former owners of that deed I am very pleased with how it looks now. :D

Good looking bridge, now lets see if i manage to get my rowing boat stuck in the little between slope and bridge...aim is off :P

I have passed through this bridge in my caravel with an alt in the crows nest.  Completely passable.

Need visit old homested soon.   :(

Get any sense knocked into you up there Pox?  :P

Seen you took 2 places down on Xanadu also...

Images look good guys , keep up the good work.

Yup removed my inner deeds and moved back to my old deed on INDY for the most part.  Amazing how much of difference between the lag on xanadu and how indy feels when crafting. Kept my shore deed, as a launching point for hunting purposes.  :)  Cant beat the hunting on Laganudu.  :)  

Can you still see my sign from the bridge?  B)

I think I need to add a sentence to it.........  :lol: