Sign in to follow this  
Olenewbie

Tunnel through a Mountain

I am curious. How can a tunnel be made through a mountain if the game does not allow an opening on the other end? North East Deli Area

Why wouldn't the game allow an opening on the other end? It does, you just have to make sure the outside is rock.

• Like 1

There are many variables to deal with when mining out of a mountain, where as mining in is a lot easier. If you look at the 'mining warning' page on the wiki it can tell you a lot eg, theres one about dirt falling in, which means you do not have an exposed rock tile.

A big problem when mining out of the mountain is - If the tile on the outside is very steep, you maybe hitting that tile way higher than the opening can handle. To fix this you need to mine down the corners enough that the outside tile is ok with you mining out, by 'ok' i mean producing that lsight 20 slope downward ip you find at cave entrances.

Another Problem on the inside is - it seems that mining is not fine with having grass or dirt on each corner like from the outside. Exposing rock from the outside is an easy 1 tile of needed to mine in. Where as, from the inside it doesn't quite get that Idea as it doesn't know exactly where it is in a sense.

So, If you want to mine out, mine down the corners a lot, even further than you can stand on, you can always mine you tunnel down on the inside for it to be walk/rideable later.  When the game does let you mine out, you will find you may even have a steeper slope than you had already mined, as the tile may need to align itself to the exit even more.

if you know where the other end in it's always easy to just mine in from outside, such an easier way to do it.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I hope it helps.

Or climb straight over the mountain, counting all the slopes going up and back down the other side, so you can tell exactly where you will exit. Then it os easy to clear the exit of any dirt. May need some sandwiches or wine for that method.

Or climb straight over the mountain, counting all the slopes going up and back down the other side, so you can tell exactly where you will exit.

This is how I did the DFPass on Indy (except for the climbing over the mtn part).  Knew the difference in height between the two entrances, then mined downwards in one tunnel until at the same level as the other. (20 dirts down per tile mined)