Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

New Port Benden (No Vacancy)

gardensquare.jpg

New Port Benden has: No Vacancies

What is a Port Benden???
Years ago on Wild, before Chaos, Port Benden was founded on the east coast around the BL/JK border. Carving it's long port into a hillside of rock and erecting many homes and fields. Players came from many realms to live here and it prosperred in loot and trade. Later, when the server became Chaos and pvp was reinstated fully, the town's vulnerabilites were discussed and it was relocated to a large fortress deed that rivaled others in size. After a time we packed up and decided to try Celebration, and here we remain to this day. We've conquered a large natural island and made it our home.

Okay, an Island, go on..
In the spirit of beginning anew, we bought a large island in the very Southeast corner of Celebration. After much hard work the old deeds were completely removed and a large central Town was erected in the middle of the island. New Port Benden was born. It's large and the perimeter is 51 tiles, it nearly covers the entire island. We aimed to be the only deed here and it's been so for over a year. It's peaceful, quiet, natural, and a good place to enjoy Wurm.

Why should I join and what do you offer?
We're mature, we have the largest alliance on Celebration (making up nearly half or so of the server, as population goes). We know how to run deeds and have done so for years without drama. We're experienced in many facets of Wurm and are able to pass our knowledge on. We offer the following:

• Mature environment, your kids won't have your hand in front of their eyes when your logged in.
  • Large, finished, Town with supplies and just about everything you'd need to play Wurm
  • 5x7 housing plot to build on as you please, exceptions noted further down
  • Experienced players that have been around for years and are willing to help you
  • Freedom to learn and play the game... we don't require you to grind 1000 bricks to pay for your home
  • Website dedicated to the alliance and villages we collaborate with. Keep in touch with anyone at any time!
  • Clay, tar, Public mine with gold, copper, iron, zinc, tin, and lead (somewhere).
  • We aren't going anywhere, we love the game and plan to stay for a very long time.
  • More, I'm sure of it, most likely just forgot it at this point

What do I have to do...
It's not a big list, honestly lol

• Stay active and contribute if/when you can... that's all anyone could ever ask.
  • We don't require you to grind anything you don't want to, however, we do ask that you work on fight skills to better protect yourself.
  • We don't ask you to contribute to the upkeep on the Town. It's your option to donate your money to keep the town running, money isn't an issue.
  • Be mature. We have a large alliance that works pretty well together but we don't care for drama.
  • We don't hardly ask for help, but on major projects we appreciate a bit of aid when you can give it.
  • We ask you keep your home 3 floors or less.

Pics or it didn't happen!
Well, alright, since you asked

Viewing the Town from on the rock cliffs outside it.
newportbenden.jpg

The Cathedral of Three. I'd like to remodel it sometime but it's still pleasant inside. Could probably use some benches though.
churchofthree.jpg

The Grand Arena. Screenshot was taken from deedplanner when I first planned it. 5x9 combat area, 2 levels of seating for many spectators.
arenaplan.png

View of the arena when first entering it's doors. At some point I'll remodel the doors into portcullises.
insidearena.jpg

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 4

Very nice deed. I really like what you have done. Good luck with your recruitment!

• Like 1

Why should I join and what do you offer?

• More, I'm sure of it, most likely just forgot it at this point

Me! You forgot me! They have Lumi in alliance  :P

• Like 2

Bummmmp

Psssst, we have Lumi in ally!

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Me! You forgot me! They have Lumi in alliance  :P

And that, in a nutshell, is what makes life worth living!

• Like 2

Awesome village, awesome people, highly recommended for new players and veterans alike.

• Like 2

Daily bump, I'm shield training on tje hell horses again... If you don't join soon they may all be dead!

Goddammit, don't let them kill hellhorses. Somebody join these people!

Not atm.  Currently the town and it's plots are full.  I'll post a new reply here if we're open again :)

This is a stunning settlement, well done to all.

I have come across a few deeded areas lately that knocked my socks off.

• Like 1