Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Remove Siege Shields - Reasons Why

So... me and a few friends have been testing Siege Shields and there are some pretty huge concerns...

"Feature" No.1:

When taking 1 siege shield after dropping two siege shields facing into each other on the tile boarder will disable the siege shield remaining there allowing you to walk through. So an example of this being bad is where an enemy blocks you in, you simply just drop a siege shield, take it and you are a free man to walk out.

"Feature" No.2:

You can drop Siege shields onto house plans. This can be a quick fix to building house walls, and can be easily abused (I,e you you see catapult ammo coming in, you take the shield  just before it lands and drop it just after it lands so it takes no damage).

"Feature" No.3:

You can drop these in front of a boat whilst in water and it will float on the waters surface. This will instantly disembark all its passengers.

"Feature" No.4:

Siege shields can be used to stop tower capping guards (Simply build walls around a tower and drop the shield in the gap after the tower cap has begun) from attacking the cappers.

"Feature" No.5:

You can drop a siege shield on someone on a tile boarder forcing them to teleport and bug them out completely. They cannot get themselves out of it unless someone takes the shield for them.

Please remove these immediately from all PvP servers to under go more testing.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 24

+1 - There's no reason to leave an item in-game that can be so easily used to cheat. There are more useful exploits with siege walls than actual intended features at this point.

Good arguments. +1 until fixed (if even possible.)

+1, just remove it till it's fixed.  can walk through them when enemies places and can glitch out so much stuff.

Too many reasons and too much logic.

+1

I think my client crash from this amount of logic.. damn those are some really pvp breaking bugs :/

maybe make them have to be planted or something the likes add a timer to placement and picking up would fix a lot of this but yes needs fixing so +1

+1 They were meant for sieging, but do the exact opposite! :S

They had some of these problems on challenge server when I tested/used them there.  I see in your added testing, you've found a few new ones unknown.  I agree the problems with them should be addressed before having back in game.

Yeah, give a ban out to anyone that uses them in PvP until there is a fix. Obviously these things are broken to the point of ruining any PvP.

• Like 1

+1 can be abused to a horrible level, seeing what they can be used for really disturbed me on chaos.

making them so you have to load them to move them around might fix a lot of the problems

+1

Edited by Propheteer

making them so you have to load them to move them around might fix a lot of the problems

+1

I don't really think so, just carry unfinished ones missing 1 item, and boom you can make them on the spot where you want

They're an interesting idea, but they need a major overhaul to work properly in actual use

• Like 1

It's a miracle. Everyone agrees? :D

It's too bad if they're bugged like this, I thought of them as a very nice feature. :(

• Like 2

REASONS what you do now!

Seriously though much of the siege equipment has issues but these are the worst. Remove plox

It's a miracle. Everyone agrees? :D

It's too bad if they're bugged like this, I thought of them as a very nice feature. :(

means it won't get put forward

just like the ability to wear chief like a champ title

-1 seems to me you complain cause it affected you in a bad way.

Siege Shields are fine as they are, no need to tweak them.