Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Combining efficiently

In order to make stone bricks out of rock shards, I really need to combine the rock shards together, so that the left-over bits can be used. But combining a stack of items into a single item seems very involved.

As far as I know, the quickest way looks like this:...

- Click '+' to expand the collapsed list of rock shards.

- Double-click the first one

- Shift-click the last one

- Right click on the last one, and select "Combine"

This produces a long string of messages, indicating a lot of client-server traffic and weight recalculation.

Here's how I think it ought to work:...

- Right click on the collapsed list of rock shards, and select "Combine"

This would be a lot quicker for the users, and you could also reduce your bandwidth requirements by making the process more efficient.

You can click any of the shards in the pile (apart from the one at the top) and then right-click the index shard (the pile) and choose combine and it'll combine them into one item.

Your suggestion would definitely be nice though

I use the crafting ui to combine. Just drag shards into a box. Hit the combine button no need to even activate a shard. Handy when your rock piles get to big.

• Like 1

I use the crafting ui to combine. Just drag shards into a box. Hit the combine button no need to even activate a shard. Handy when your rock piles get to big.

Didn't even know that's a thing.. thanks :o

• Like 1

Combine can be bound to keys too.

Simply hover the whole stack, press your activate keybind, and press your combine keybind. Voila.

Allowing to combine directly, while pretty nice, would be pretty confusing when it comes to choosing which item should be the main one, which is important for enchanted items.

bind key_1 actiivate

bind key_2 combine

Then you only need to drag the cursor over a closed (or open) pile on your inventory and hit key_1 and key_2. Can't be more easy than that.