Sign in to follow this  
raimian

rolf, show miners some love

with the recent breakthroughs that the dev team have made with muti-level code I thin its time this was added to mines,

mines have been the same for along time unchanged, its about time a few things we added for us underground people

3D mines and mine housing would be great for us to enjoy and create underground towns and citys

whats everyone elses views on this??

• Like 16

Tis on the way, but Im pretty sure this would be another major update, and seeing as a major update was just released, I dont expect this for at least another 6 months.

• Like 1

It would be a great additions for wurmian's creativity.

I believed collision work was necessary for it to be added, but now that bridges are live with collision implemented, 3d mines sounds more possible than the dream it used to be.

A heads-up from the team if 3d mines are in the schedule would be nice.

However, i am pretty sure such a change would mean a reset of the entire underground world and many wouldn't agree with that.

• Like 1

correct me if iam wrong but hasnt this been discussed Before and they said that its not possible to make 3d mines with the current game Engine?

But I approve this topic, and that says alot!

I still dream, i could jump.. Tho 3d mines could not be bad either.

correct me if iam wrong but hasnt this been discussed Before and they said that its not possible to make 3d mines with the current game Engine?

But I approve this topic, and that says alot!

I seem to remember something like that too, although can't recall if it was official or just speculation. Whether or not the new collision system changes this, I don't know.

Would definitely be nice to see, although it would be a mess for PvP and defences. Reinforced tiles would be useless unless they reinforced the whole height of the world, which would mess with every already existing mine system if 3d mines were implemented.

I don't think 3d mines would be a better system since each level would be separate it would be like minecraft and we mine in blocks. I do however think that we could add in things like bridges, houses and maybe fence without much work but i think we should leave the tiles the way they are we just need tile borders i guess. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I think it'd be a much more difficult task to implement this, although it would be amazing. It'd allow for much more creative tunnel systems and complex layouts, while at the same time that'd mean more work for the server. Instead of just keeping track of mines in a column format, the server would have to track every single block in every single column under ground. So one tile that's quite far above the water level could have dozens of blocks under it vertically.

Might not be as complicated as I'm imagining, who knows.

3D mines would likely all mines everywhere to be reset as they'd be broken otherwise. I'm fine with that as long as ore is redistributed as well. The surface world is also not true 3d so true 3d surface would probably come first... in a decade or so.

• Like 1

I think it'd be a much more difficult task to implement this, although it would be amazing. It'd allow for much more creative tunnel systems and complex layouts, while at the same time that'd mean more work for the server. Instead of just keeping track of mines in a column format, the server would have to track every single block in every single column under ground. So one tile that's quite far above the water level could have dozens of blocks under it vertically.

Might not be as complicated as I'm imagining, who knows.

Shame it's not voxel based. Even if the voxels were 1 tile x 1 tile x 1 tile large, it'd still be an improvement.

I wonder if there's a way to run voxels underground - while still retaining the set up of our current surface world.

Edited by Dairuka

Resetting the existing mines and ore redistribution is too disruptive. This would have to be done on a new server or just wipe all existing servers.

• Like 1

If they plan this it would be 1 year or more not 6 months.

I would be happy to see gates added to mines and the chance to mine seryll like source crystals.

Plus making the rock ql actualy be usefull wen mining , poor QL takes less hits to brake open then say utmost.

Adding granite and limestone be nice , maybe some other stone types oe use for ores whe have.

But who knows  , only time can tell in the Days of Wurms!

Already said this before, if improving the current mines status to a more 3Dish state to allow some structures like walls/fences or even bridges to be build in mines i'm more than happy to loss every single tile in my mines/tunels even wen making it had cost me hours of work and tons of (virtual) blood spilled.

Someone told me a rumour that the 3d mine system had already been made, it's just it would require a whole mine layer level reset which wouldn't bode well with the players :P

• Like 1

with the recent breakthroughs that the dev team have made with muti-level code I thin its time this was added to mines,

mines have been the same for along time unchanged, its about time a few things we added for us underground people

3D mines and mine housing would be great for us to enjoy and create underground towns and citys

whats everyone elses views on this??

Edited by Battlepaw

Oh pleasepleasepleaseplease...

I don't even care if the current underground is completely lost; although, Kratos' ship cavern is pretty friggin huge.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I bet there are tile borders in the mine system we just don't see them and houses do not even have to be enabled the bed is the biggest thing there i think. I guess you could also make some sort of "house" walls and doors much like you do with reinforcements and it just be a graphic change when placed. 

I would love it if 3d mines were possible. If it required a complete reset of the existing underground..ehh that might be a bit harsh but it'd be livable. There are some pretty huge ship canals and other features that may need some special attention so as not to be destroyed.

I wouldn't be to hip on a complete redistribution of ore either.  In making mines a 3d model, that may have to happen. In the current state each tile is a tower and going 3d they would be stacked. I'm not sure they'd allow for an entire column of separate ore veins to be stacked one on top of each other. In the long run though, that would allow for a lot more ore to spawn and for players to do some creative prospecting to reach them. Losing immediate access to the current veins we have would kinda suck though.

A good heads up before making something like this live would be needed too. A lot of people use underground storage. If it would need to be reset then give us a few weeks to get our stuff moved.

All in all, there maybe be some teething pain, but it would be a very good improvement. I do hope the devs give this some thought and communicate with us like they did with bridges.

Oh pleasepleasepleaseplease...

I don't even care if the current underground is completely lost; although, Kratos' ship cavern is pretty friggin huge.

• Like 2

Pingpong would have a stroke.

• Like 1

The idea of hunting for a mineral vein in 3d keeps me up at night in cold sweats.

Otherwise everything else is cool.

I think ore veins would have less as a single cube then the tower we have now .

So insted of 10K max or you may get 2k on the highest for amount.

Its probably easyer now to have a single collum ore vein for server memory wise then having 100,s of single , needing to store all that extra info would be lagfest.

Some cave ore setup like Landmark may be interesting , but dont think wurm program can do that..

Oh well see what happens in the next few years..

Someone told me a rumour that the 3d mine system had already been made, it's just it would require a whole mine layer level reset which wouldn't bode well with the players :P

Your source is terrible and wrong

• Like 7