Sign in to follow this  
Brynden

updated tutorials?

now that there is people officially regulating the wiki,something that bothered me for a long time its when i see people sending new players to the beginer tutorials section knowing that most tutorials there were made betwen 2010 and 2012.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Tutorials

in my opinion what the wiki needs most its some kind of removal process for outdated and obsolete content.

• Like 1

Or how about some updated tutorials? Specifically short videos that showcase beginning player experiences. Be sure to let us know if you post such content and tag it with the #WurmOnline hashtag.

Videos have been mentioned to me on a few occasions, which is a great idea BTW, and I've always thought that the tutorials need some love and updating. Definitely items on our agenda.

How about a section that reposts all the sections of the tutorial for future reference.   All those pop up boards available to re read.  Even a video of someone completeting the tutorial.

This is great feedback and suggestion -- keep it coming!

Videos have been mentioned to me on a few occasions, which is a great idea BTW, and I've always thought that the tutorials need some love and updating. Definitely items on our agenda.

I would definitely want to see written tutorials, too. I really hate videos that try to convey information, for information that does not need video. Or worse, where video is completely inapplicable (e.g. programming). Being unable to skim through a video (rebuffering, chance of missing important parts) like through text has always been an inconvenience for me, when there was no other source. Also, if done casually, people tend to convey little information for a long time talking. Even though some people still prefer video over reading, so having both is great, I think.

I also would imagine that it's pretty hard to make a "new player tutorial" that is NOT highly subjective and opinion based. What a new players should do, or needs to do, or look for, and so on. It's quite a responsibility if you think about it. If that tutorial gets read/watched/listened to by a lot of people, it will make an impression and form or change people's opinions about the game when being told to having to do certain things based on the author's/creator's opinion.

The main tutorial that I send new players to is very old but very valid. What Do I Do <---this is an awesome tutorial for new players.