Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Rare White Creatures

I think this may have been suggested before but I would like to expand on the idea.  I think it would be great to have some animals spawn a rare white version such as bears, wolves, bison and maybe a few others.  Unlike green these would actually be white and drop white fur which could then be used to create white rugs, bear hats, and eventually capes.

To make it even more interesting they could be tougher to kill as in almost champion but stronger than green, thus giving more fight skill than the regular version.

• Like 10

albino mobs, sure, different color options on decorative stuff and some new challenge or "fun" to find a rare albino version of a mob sounds good :)

• Like 1

Nice should be if color will be mix of color by parrents. So there will be many types of horses, bears, maybe wolf. And with 90ah will be allow breed cows and bears together. if there is semigod, why cant have semicow?

Edited by ftoz

Crickey! The (not so) rare albino mmo player.

• Like 1

White wolves would be cool. 

• Like 1

Sounds luxuriously decadent!!  I want some white chocolate truffles now.  Then , I want to parade around in a white mohair pashmina and  polar bear boots.

• Like 1

Sounds luxuriously decadent!!  I want some white chocolate truffles now.  Then , I want to parade around in a white mohair pashmina and  polar bear boots.

We do have pigs and dogs for finding truffles but this post is about animals.  Someone will have to start another one for foraging.  :rolleyes:

I am in for POLAR BEAR BOOTS

P90-38.jpg

Also FUR ARMOR in general, with winter white fur armor being a nice "vanity" option that fetches highest prices from buyers:

r_edwin_peary.jpg

Just imagine that with a classy bear head helm

Some high difficulty fancy pantsy tailor items might REQUIRE white fur for the trimmings, giving younger players an incentive to hunt down albino or winter furs for trading

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

bump

This would make things more  interesting and not be too difficult to do as it is a modification of the existing codes not whole new ones.

I suggested a rare Legendary trait for animals in another thread. Not quite what you're saying here, but worth noting since we're talking about new creature traits!

I suggested a rare Legendary trait for animals in another thread. Not quite what you're saying here, but worth noting since we're talking about new creature traits!

[from other thread]

I was actually talking to my brother about something similar to this just the other day.  I mentioned to him how it would be interesting if Dev's added a new trait to animals.

We have, of course, normal creatures; altered versions of said creatures such as greenish, champion, etc; and we have Uniques.  What could be very interesting is to add a Legendary trait to non-Uniques.  This trait would make creatures even larger and more rare -- just like Uniques -- than the Champion trait.  It should also make the animal harder to fight, and require more than just a couple people to take it down.  Also, perhaps this Legendary trait could cause an animal to attract other animals of its type.  This would make for good hunting, or a great fight if the animal in question is naturally hostile.

It's pretty similar to what you suggested.  Imagine having a Legendary Lava Spider the size of the Freedom Market trade center, or a Legendary Buffalo as tall as a 2-3 story house.  This trait could also prevent the animal from being tamed, bred, dominated, lead, or captured and upon killing could reward you with a title.  Butchering the animal could reward rare trophies (like a skull) and maybe a lesser blood.  So basically, similar to Uniques in the fact that they are quite rare and powerful, but different in the fact that they wouldn't take QUITE as many people to kill and wouldn't offer up powerful rewards.

It was that thread that made me think of and bump this one.

I do like your idea of a legendary or humongous trait maybe toned down a little to a 2-3 story house size spider and a corbita size bison.  The rewards should remain small so as to not attract the elites to hunt them exclusively and definitely not allowed to be controlled.  B)

Edited by Bachus

It was that thread that made me think of and bump this one.

I do like your idea of a legendary or humongous trait maybe toned down a little to a 2-3 story house size spider and a corbita size bison.  The rewards should remain small so as to not attract the elites to hunt them exclusively and definitely not allowed to be controlled.  B)

My desire for such a trait arose from my desire for a Leviathan in this game.  We need a rare massive sea monster that can come on land.  Something much much larger than the largest creature in the game currently.

I think this suggestion is a good one. A white color for *rare* versions of creatures is still very distinctive while not being jarringly garish like some of those old blue, green, red, yellow versions. Also easily spotted from a longer distance if a brighter white like the winter tint, well yea, except in winter.

=Ayes=

Almost as elusive as our current unicorn system right :P +1 would be cool

• Like 1