Sign in to follow this  
RomaN

TapDance Bridge Completed

Our village of Mercenary Camp have constructed the Tap Dance Bridge.

Our objective was to provide new players with easier and safe access across the water south of spawn and better connect the southern half of Celebration to Tap Dance by providing greater road/bridge access. It would also allow players to more conveniently travel to the southern steppe by land.

We hope that this bridge will help to eliminate the clutter around Tap Dance and encourage newer players to venture south in search of a new home and resources.

Working on this bridge are members of Mercenary Camp:
- Roman
- Frostbite
- Colus

Special Thanks to:
- Moral

- Xallo

- Cesaille

- Amnzero

- Dafort

- Companyderp

- Luewen

- Wanderingigor

- Emilyfrances

8S9jDUV.jpg

xemeD6F.jpg

2EXWBXE.jpg

Edited by RomaN
  • Like 11

It looks like an interesting project. Can we have a raised section somewhere in it to allow cogs and caravels through? Or can they already go under?

If you guys need to build a 1x1 like 4 stories up on those dirt platforms and that will give plenty of clearence. Looks good!

I think with that clearance an arched type bridge should allow ships of any size.

Salu2.

I was able to sail my knarr through it, it doesn't look like ships clip into it.

xemeD6F.jpg

First section completed!
Second section to commence in a few days!

We'd like extend a special thanks to Moral from Calamari Bay for the donating extra wood for this bridge.

We'd also like to welcome some of celebrations newest residents and thank them for giving us the inspiration and encouraging us to push on to complete this bridge. In particular, we'd like to thank the following new arrivals to wurm online.

Amnzero
Luewen
Companyderp
Dafort
Emilyfrances

• Like 5

Really nice going Roman, can't wait to check this out sometime!

It looks like an interesting project. Can we have a raised section somewhere in it to allow cogs and caravels through? Or can they already go under?

It appears that while ships don't collide with the bridge, the commander and any passengers onboard do.

To fix this issue, the 2nd section of the bridge is an arched bridge.

• Like 1

Awesome news about the arched bridge! Now we have a new bridge that everybody will enjoy.

Good going, Celebration. Keep it up!

Wow. That's impressive, RomaN. I like the perspective trick in this pic, where the bridge dwarfs the colossus and tower ;)

just need them to add rollercoaster cars and that will be awesome lol :D

Grats on the project, looks v cool /hi5's all round :)

I am having an arched section in my middle section of my bridge.

How do u get it to arch so much?

It was actually autoplanned like that.

I think the length of the bridge will affect how much it arches. The arched section of the bridge is 25 tiles long.

Tap Dance Bridge Completed... and just in time for the Celebration Treasure Hunt.

We'd like to thank the assistance of Xallo and Cesaille in the end for helping us finish it off.

2EXWBXE.jpg

Edited by RomaN
  • Like 3

Congratulations  RomaN and all  who  worked on this.    Looks  awesome.  

Awesome project, really showing off how great these can look. congrats.

The bridge looks amazing in person, first one I've seen of this spanse and arch.   Very nice Job!!  Moreover, the bridge is a crucial connection point linking both sides of the server in a strategic middle area next to the market and starter town making even more valuable and useful going forward.  Wurm community at it's best.

• Like 2

You need colored lights on the bridge so it liiks like a festive carnival ride :D

Congrats!

• Like 1

You need colored lights on the bridge so it liiks like a festive carnival ride :D

Congrats!

funny you say this because it was the first wooden bridge i've been on with that dramatic an arch.  It had distinctly left me with the feeling as a crested the top and began the descent...that I was on one of the historic wooden trestled roller coasters.

The new bridge has a cheerful "So Let's Party!" festival look and although I have never been to Coney Island, that was the image that popped to mind

4699687663_2b66248ebd.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Great job, guys! And I love that raised section... it will allow large boats to pass.

I think I will nickname it (or at least that raised section) as The Rollercoaster Bridge ;)