Sign in to follow this  
mrtaccgnol

Add the ability to jump

Why not take advantage of the latest updates to the game engine, and add the ability to jump? Maybe the height of your jump could even be determined by an acrobatics or jumping skill, if not purely based on body stats.

Edited by mrtaccgnol
  • Like 3

+1 for jumping and general acrobatics.

Edited by Hula_Girl
  • Like 1

No, just no! 

Add jumping and i'm outta here! ;)

No, just no! 

Add jumping and i'm outta here! ;)

Absolutely not

No.

Care to provide reason or are you just terrified of changes?

• Like 1

Very glad to see the people -1'ing are providing constructive criticism. Remember that the ability to jump does not have to mean over walls.

Very glad to see the people -1'ing are providing constructive criticism. Remember that the ability to jump does not have to mean over walls.

There is no requirement to provide such. Most suggestions over the past few years contain nothing but +1/-1's. If there is room for adjusting the suggestion a bit than sure maybe some folks will add a line or two regarding changes to it, but jumping really has no business in Wurm.

I am under no requirement to provide such. Most suggestions over the past few years contain nothing but +1/-1's. If there is room for adjusting the suggestion a bit than sure maybe some folks will add a line or two regarding changes to it, but jumping really has no business in Wurm.

Not terrified of changes, as long as they have a benefit. Jumping i don't see adding anything to the game other than people bunny hopping all over the place.

• Like 1

If the use of jumping isn't to get over fences then what use would it serve?

We can walk through most objects other than fences/walls anyway and we are almost always carrying way too much to jump any height anyway.

-1 from me unless you can provide a purpose for it.

• Like 1

There is no requirement to provide such. Most suggestions over the past few years contain nothing but +1/-1's. If there is room for adjusting the suggestion a bit than sure maybe some folks will add a line or two regarding changes to it, but jumping really has no business in Wurm.

In that case you understand that what you say has practically 0 value and you might aswell not even post the -1? Just because that's how it has always been done doesn't make it any more right.

If the use of jumping isn't to get over fences then what use would it serve?

We can walk through most objects other than fences/walls anyway and we are almost always carrying way too much to jump any height anyway.

-1 from me unless you can provide a purpose for it.

Aside from the obvious benefit of being able to jump over the numerous obstructive and impregnable low fences, perhaps it could be used with a stamina hit to jump up short inclines without having to go through the awkwardness of toggling climb

Jumping should not be part of this game.

And to quote the OP in HIS -1 to grass indoors since he demands a reason

WOULD BREAK IMMERSION.

Indifferent here, I tend to adjust to what ever strange thing we have come up.

-1 and this is only because of the lack of proper deed permissions. IF they were to revamp and actually have deed permissions to be worth a damn, then I would change it to a +1

My reason for the -1 is the downsides it would have on PvP. Don't need to bother bashing that wall to loot it, just jump over, grab the loot, then jump back out.

Wouldn't give people a chance to defend.

Edited by Firestarter

And to quote the OP in HIS -1 to grass indoors since he demands a reason

WOULD BREAK IMMERSION.

But I can jump in real life just fine? there are also plenty of historical primary sources documenting the human ability to jump.

In that case you understand that what you say has practically 0 value and you might aswell not even post the -1? Just because that's how it has always been done doesn't make it any more right.

What I say, or anyone for that matter would be in equal weight to anyone else's opinion because we are all players here with an idea of things we would wish to see within Wurm. Placing of a "-1" would indicate the person(s) would rather wish a feature(s) to not be added. Just because you want something more doesn't make what we say any more wrong that what you say. If you were to actually think into the idea of a simple +1/-1, you would see that such a system would be much better for simple suggestions as it would allow any Dev scrolling through a suggestion to quickly gauge the likeness, or lack there of, to a particular idea. And, when you vote in real life for something, you generally mustn't be required to give your explanation as to why you voted as you did, and frankly it is no one else's business to know such information.

• Like 1

No bunny hopping please. I don't care about people jumping walls, it would just look absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1