Sign in to follow this  
stephenferes

New monsters!

Hello, everyone! I have a new idea that can make Wurm very challenging but open up a whole new world of possibilities. New monsters! This unique creatures will have unique drops that only they drop, special attacks, and a very challenging foe they will be!

First, the vampire. Only comes out at night, spawns in abandoned deeds, and can shape shift into different beings, such as bats or humans. They can only be killed by wooden items, like shafts or arrows, and their drops could be yellow potion (this is how they will shape shift) or even vampire blood, which can be mixed with other chemicals to create deadly weapons.

Second, the werewolf. I know what you're thinking, "ugh, this is gonna be like twilight" but I really think that werewolf's could deliver a team challenge since they will hunt in packs, and they have very deadly attacks. I have no ideas for drops but I'll leave that for you guys.

And last but not least, the Wraith. I got this idea from watching the LOTR franchise, and I think that this could give Wurm somewhat of horror theme, what with the ear-piercing screech and their haunting presence that this will give fellow Wurmians afraid to step outside. Spawned by the gods, these creatures will be on of the deadliest foes ever seen in Wurm, and their drops (if you can even kill them) will be rewarding, silver or gold coins will be rare, high quality weapons from there fallen prey, and other unimaginable items.

Please tell me what you think. And if you ever want to chat with me, I am located on Independence, L-13. Just look for the house Hope. My in game name is the same as my forum username, so even if you can't come to Independence, just PM me or talk to me through either Kingdom or Global chat. I am an active user, so you may be able to score a chance to talk with me and discuss your ideas about how this game can be improved! See you soon in the land of Wurm! Bye!

This isn't twilight.

There are wraiths.

If any mobs it should be something elemental, related to the gods with specific traits.

Vampires and werewolves...

Gold coins as drops...

Plz no. -1

This isn't twilight.

There are wraiths.

If any mobs it should be something elemental, related to the gods with specific traits

I haven't seen wraiths before

Wraith are from the female black tome spell, not valrei creatures or restricted to epic

Edited by MrGARY

-1 from me too. Really wouldn't like that horror theme on Wurm you're talking about because that is something that wurm isn't and it shouldn't be

• Like 2

Here is some mobs you probably havn't seen due to living on a peacefull cluster (where the hardest non-unique mobs and pvp doesn't excist)

Worgs

Worg2.0.png

Zombies

ZombieRender.jpg

Deathcrawlers

Deathcrawler_minion.jpg

Drakespirits

Drakespirit.JPG

Eaglespirits

Eaglespirit.jpg

Sol Demons

Sol_demon.jpg

Sons of Nogump

Son_of_Nogump.jpg

Spawns of Uttacha

Spawn_of_Uttacha.jpg

Wraiths (this is merely a hots deed guard, the true wraiths are more solid and darker... but they use the same model no less)

wurm.20140806.0331_2.png

There is also Skelletons but I lack a picture of them atm.

So there is more mobs.

They used to excist on freedom, but due to their difficulty there was many complaints and thus they were removed.

Freedomers werent too happy about undead ghost dragons flying through walls and at high speeds... not to mention a whole guard tower wont beat a drakespirit.

All of the mobs above are available at chaos on the freedom cluster and on every server in the epic cluster.

Some spawn based on what occurs on valrei while others are summoned directly through favor/karma from players.

While I'd like to see proper werewolfs and not merely worgs, I get the feeling its going to be a too powerfull creature and thus it wont be seen on freedom anyway.

If you want to spice up your daily life with more of a challenge then I suggest you move to another server.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 4

+1 for new mobs

But I don't like the idea special drops or requiring certain items to kill something.

Thanks Zekezor I haven't seen them since they had actual skins.   B)

I was at first excited to see this thread as Hellhounds came from a similar suggestion thread but this one is very unoriginal. :(

On the other hand.... I'd LOVE to ride a hell croc >.>  *points to signature*