I recently got very frustrated trying to open a tunnel which just wouldn't work.

Turns out an old lava tile, which I had frozen from the surface and then forgot about it, was getting in the way.

The situation underground was like this, where the dark grey squares are cave entrances from south to north:

k7u9WUll.png

[18:20:22] <Logi> report it :)

So here we go, what I thought was a feature but may actually be a bug:

- Freezing a lava tile from the surface doesn't remove the lava wall from under the ground

- Instead, you need to freeze a second time from underground

- This makes it hard to remove a lava wall when the terrain tile is very close to water surface or underwater.

Another thing is, when you use erupt, the North-West corner of the tile is raised by 4 slope.

This is great and very useful to terraform, but:

- When erupting, the tile corner is raised even if it is part of a house or cave entrance.

- In the image below, erupting the lava tile would make the entrance of the left dark square non-flat.

- The inside cave floor is not raised but instead remains flat, resulting in a small visible gap between cave floor and ground floor.

- Non-flat cave entrances remain after the lava is gone and you can use them normally.

The final thing is what really made me crazy.

I am not sure if it is a bug or not but I want to report it anyway:

- When trying to mine a tunnel adjacent to an underground lava wall you will get a not really indicative mine warning that stops the action:

-- The ground sounds strangely hollow and brittle. You have to abandon the mining operation.

- When trying to open a cave from the underground adjacent to a lava wall you will get another warning stopping you:

-- The cave walls look very unstable. You cannot keep mining here.

- This was not tested further, but both tiles on the above image were unable to be tunnelled.

Many thanks to GMs Smejack, Ladywoe and Logi for the time they put in solving this!

Edited by Pidgeoni
  • Like 1

Yeah, I have messed about with lava, thats why part of my dirtwall is a 284 rock slope xD

Yeah, I have messed about with lava, thats why part of my dirtwall is a 284 rock slope xD

And once he passed 99 slope the honest young miniroll made sure to report his findings to a gm.