Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Village teleport restriction

I found out the hard way that you can only use /vteleport once... ever. I was told that if I joined a village I'd be able to teleport there instantly after joining, so I did so. I got a little dialog box asking me if I wanted to join the village, and when I said yes, I got another dialog asking me if I wanted to teleport.

So far so good. But now, after waiting the 24 hours necessary to become a citizen of my own village, my character wants to come home, and I don't like any of the options facing me. I can walk for ever (and risk death on the road) or I can die now, and lose possessions and skills.

Please, to avoid other people getting caught in this same trap, do one of the following.

- Allow characters to use the village teleport once per week, or once per month, or whenever they join a new village (which is already limited).

- Post a clear warning in the dialog box (Do you want to teleport to  [Village] now? Yes/No) informing users that they will never be able to teleport again.

Edited by Sheffie

I thought there already was a warning that you can only do it once?

If you have 1000 karma you can teleport  home

There is indeed a message that warns you about the one-use of the function.  The /help text states this and so does the Wurmpedia.

bnvSM2Q.png

Edited by bwg
  • Like 2

suicide port to your village or other starter villages if you dont care about the skill loss.  used it on my non- premium scout account, you can move all over the maps quickly and see whats happening in wurm.