Sign in to follow this  
Hiatitae

Weird Tile Glitch

Hey guys, I'm getting a strange tile glitch where at a certain distance the tiles will appear to have the skin that the tiles at that distance had when I logged in. So say I log in to a village, then walk into the forest, at about 3-4 tiles away from me it appears to be cobblestone even though the hover-over states it as either grass or a tree. Is there a way to fix this?

I think that is a GLSL shader issue (spelling?) One of my laptops has only the integrated Intel processor graphics and I'm stuck with that all the time. If I enable the GLSL (in compatibility mode settings tab), I get hugely distorted 3d people and critters, but with it off, the crappy tile issue you have.

No, I don't have Intel but have same problem.  That started after I updated Catalyst. The GLSL thing is for ATI, I have it disabled also.
I have been trying to figure out what settings I need in Catalyst, to allow game to decide or to allow Catalyst?
I also get those distortions thou when more then one toon logged in.

Edited by Cecci

The "intel issue" is that if GLSL is enabled, you have character model distortions and if you have it disabled, you have terrain tile messups. It may be with intel you have to choose which to live with although a few have said being able to instal the 2015 drivers may help. See this thread for more, including how to MANUALLY INSTALL a graphics driver if windows says your old drivers are your "best" choice or your laptop maker blocks automatic driver installation through intel:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/124000-odd-texture-glitches-and-such/#entry1275793

There is also someplace a discussion of the imapct of color picking on "z positions" and I think one person felt toggling to a different color picking option (compatability) might also help, but my memory is hazy there. I don't recall it as being a cureall fix for intel terrain messups but anything is worth a try.

If your laptop has Optimus (intel+nvidia) or "switchable graphics" (intel+radeon), there is a somewhat related issue in that your laptop may be using the intel anytime JAVA is run. You have to make a change in the cataylst or nvidia control panel to tell it to use the more powerful gaming card when JAVA is run, else it assumes JAVA is not a game and uses the intel. Sometimes you have to repoint the graphics to JAVA after a software update (driver and/or java) because it loses the path to look for the java files. There are images of where to make the changes and discussions in these two threads:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/119930-constant-crashing/?p=1229849

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/116972-skin-mess-ups/?p=1229899

With Radeons there was also an old sicussion about the need to disable Catalyst AI which may also be what Cecci refers to. I had thought that was an issue only years ago as I have not heard it discussed for several years now but I can check around for "how to disable Catalyst AI in wurmonline"

edit: maybe it is this thread:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/52087-ati-issues-and-ways-to-fix/

about midways through the thread there are pictures of radeon ground distortions and how to fix them.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I updated the CA driver this year, and what I see is paving shining thru the grass and such.
Am I suppose to let the Catalyst or the game run things?