Sign in to follow this  
Zakerak

Way to remove/destroy bridge quickly?

Bash a 50 QL low stone wall with a large maul and I think you will find the same low damage per hit as well as the timer. The only advantage on destroying those off of deed tiles is using a catapult, which it seems has no effect on bridges. If bridges are made able to be destroyed faster then all would be susceptible to having theirs bashed down by nasty individuals, so this is the better tradeoff.

As far as decay on perimeter, I see no reason why bridges would be at any slower decay than other objects just because they are in perimeter, other than Tich stating that they are "more resilient" than houses. Pretty vague and will just have to be noted as they are in game for a longer period of time. Also, I remember someone stating that you can't build bridges in someone else's perimeter.

=Ayes=

The bridges in question are in my perimeter

bump

the following is an old pic, I've upgraded the towers since..the problem is, this `structure` is 60 tiles long and im upgrading it to pottery brick.

Spoiler

UI2eKSo.jpg

My large maul is imped and runed and i have 2k pottery bricks with 2k more ordered.
I'm ready for the challenge
But it'd be a little more wonderful if there was a way of demolishing the sections through the gui.

I'am also struggling with the problem of bashing off-deed bridges.

Want to rework passage above river (4 different bridges, 1-tile wide, almost 110 tiles in total).

It's tremendous work to bash. Also very hard to catapult.

If the owner/builder of the bridges had an option of increased bashing damage or one-click destroying, then I could just could contact the owner and we would remove them together.

EDIT: there are voices that one-click removing bridges shouldn't happen couse of pvp reasons, but we already can do this with bridges connected to a house.

Edited by Wilczan

5 hours ago, Wilczan said:

here are voices that one-click removing bridges shouldn't happen couse of pvp reasons,

Stop blaming PvP for this already, do you want any bridge on freedom to be griefed simply by bashing just one component?

6 hours ago, Wilczan said:

I'am also struggling with the problem of bashing off-deed bridges.

actually the wishbone in the picture is on deed and quick destruction of on-deed bridges is what i was hoping for.
but im not the OP so i can't define the intent of this thread.

however to my mind, the maker of an off-deed bridge should have rights to destroy it. (the dioptra holder)
as for bashing? I've never tried to bash an off-deed bridge and im happy with the slow decay rate.

Edited by Steveleeb
typo

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Stop blaming PvP for this already, do you want any bridge on freedom to be griefed simply by bashing just one component?

Griefed?

If builder builded it, then he also have right to destroy it, if not with one click then by increased bashing damage.

Difficult topic.

- Bridges are easy to remove when bridge on deed and/or owner still around and cooperative.

- Bridges are very difficult to remove in many other situations. For some bridges that's a good thing, for some bridges that's a bad thing.

Off deed bridges should be difficult to bash down for anyone, just the same as off deed walls and fencing are. On deed they should have the Mayor bashing bonus.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

I think i might need to re-create the thread and add the word `on-deed` to the title. ..the right kinda poll would have made it all pretty clear.
This is the Original Post;

On 22/05/2015 at 9:50 AM, Zakerak said:

!!! This is not recipe how grief your neighbors. !!!

I have in my mind new plans for insane project. And that project will need some form of really tall temporary ramps. As carpenter (99,8) wooden bridge should work fine, I think. Probably much better than dirt ramps, as I have dense forests around me and I hate idea of "stealing dirt from perimeters of neighbors" or other ways of acquiring enough dirt.

I already built some bridges, but I have none writ for them. So nothing like tick checkbox and bridge will vanish is possible.

I expect, if I will bash both ends and all supports for bridge, it will crash. So building that parts from as low ql material as possible should help. Can anybody confirm my expectations?

althogh he never mentioned `on-deed` he does say `this is not a recipe how to grief your neighbors` which might have meant the same thing.
May we have an ability to destroy the bridges we create, quickly... on-deed? :)

On deed all you need is a large maul and bridge goes away just as fast as any fence or building you would have to bash to remove.

so it's possible to one shot a support that took 600 bricks to build?

Edited by Steveleeb

One shot for building that took 30 mortar, 30k bricks and tons of other materials to build?

Already possible.

Wait, and there were also 3 tile wide, 37 long bridge attached to it?

I'm still waiting for answer, im still unsure.

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

On deed all you need is a large maul and bridge goes away just as fast as any fence or building you would have to bash to remove.

as any fence or building.
i one shot my building walls above the ground floor, 2-shot the ground ones.
all ql50+ walls.

is it possible to bash down a support that took 600 bricks to make in the same number of strokes as a crown that only took 40 bricks to make?

1 minute ago, Steveleeb said:

s it possible to bash down a support that took 600 bricks to make in the same number of strokes as a crown that only took 40 bricks to make?

A single support is no stronger than a fence to bash out, no matter how many bricks are in it. Only thing that affects how much you need to bash is the quality, high QL may take a few more wacks.

• Like 1

btw when catapulting enemy deeds, my favorite was to take out those bridge supports =p