Sign in to follow this  
Edvinas

Why can't we move non blessed gold/silver altars

427c9b9450.jpg

From wiki:

"When creating a gold altar, where you are standing is where the altar will appear.

Not it wont, it just appears randomly.

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 8

The best tactic to find out where the altar will appear is to drop a large anvil from your inventory. Where the large anvil falls is almost identical to where the altar will be created at. Once you drop the large anvil though do not move or adjust your view direction as this will change where the altar is created at. If you do move or change where you are looking you will have to redrop a large anvil to find out where the altar will now be created at. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Why can't we move metal alters, period?  It's about time to change that, am I right?

• Like 6

The best tactic to find out where the altar will appear is to drop a large anvil from your inventory. Where the large anvil falls is almost identical to where the altar will be created at. Once you drop the large anvil though do not move or adjust your view direction as this will change where the altar is created at. If you do move or change where you are looking you will have to redrop a large anvil to find out where the altar will now be created at. I hope this helps.

Sadly it didn't work, 5kg of more gold wasted. Dropping the anvil a few times while standing in the same spot drops it in random location all the time.

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 1

This method will only give you an approximate idea where the altar is going to end up. If you repeatedly drop and pickup the large anvil, it will be in a different spot each time even if you don't move your perspective. I have had this method work ok for me but it has failed me as well. Once I expected the altar end up in front of me and it actually landed at my feet.

I don't see any reason why altars can't be moved or even loaded into a cart/wagon. I have heard from the Pvp crowd that it would affect Pvp, but no one has ever mentioned how. I personally can't see it affecting Pvp at all.

+1

I've never heard how this can affect pvp by any pvper, pretty sure most of us would love to move all altar types. Considering you can make metal altars anywhere and freely imp I can't see the downside

• Like 1

why not make them movable but they become unblessed when you do?

• Like 4

why not make them movable but they become unblessed when you do?

That would be an improvement but even why add that penalty? Other altars can be moved without any penalty.

Yes! +1 to allow all altars to be moved and another +1 to allow them to be loaded in carts, wagons and ships.

• Like 2

+1. I just rebuilt my church, and now my altars are badly placed (the Mag one, specifically, is inside a wall...)

I've never heard how this can affect pvp by any pvper, pretty sure most of us would love to move all altar types. Considering you can make metal altars anywhere and freely imp I can't see the downside

If I remember correctly it was to do with locate artifacts, The idea was to stop someone going to the general area of a buried artifact, dropping an altar, blessing it and then having local sac ability to narrow it down really fast.

Its not a good reason but I'm pretty sure it was the given reason.

If I remember correctly it was to do with locate artifacts, The idea was to stop someone going to the general area of a buried artifact, dropping an altar, blessing it and then having local sac ability to narrow it down really fast.

Moving blessed ones might cause some really minor issues, though nothing game breaking imo. I mean, its really easy to build them as it is. Though what I'm suggesting is to allow to move at least non-blessed altars.

Edited by Edvinas

Moving blessed ones might cause some really minor issues, though nothing game breaking imo. I mean, its really easy to build them as it is. Though what I'm suggesting is to allow to move at least non-blessed altars.

I was talking about picking up / dropping altars to get a nicer placement.

We had the ability to move altars by push/pull for the longest time, both enchanted and non enchanted. Rolf took it away but I don't remember why. If you really want to fight for this you'll have to find out from him the reasons and go from there.

On old ele, that's exactly what people did since making a campfire and carrying an anvil is far from hard. Second go around we just wasted gems since it was easier

Seems like there really is no real or current reason to have all but stone altars immovable

So why not just code it so we can move it on PvE servers and not PvP servers.

+1 but maybe just make altars moveable on deed at least.

• Like 1

yea its a pretty bad excuse. hell, when new ele opened, i just took a cart out and built new ones while hunting for the artifacts.. lol.

+1 though, would be nice.

Edited by Kitsuine

Loading altars I can understand being a debatable topic, but not being able to push/pull/haul all altars makes no sense.

+1 to being able to push/pull/turn in order to get placement right

I like the idea of you can move them but they become un-blessed. It seems to be the least problematic.

I also think that they should be planted before blessing that way no one can move it but you and it would prevent someone from stealing the altar if you were putting off deed for some reason.

But a  + 1 overall not everyone has access to precious metals and procuring them can be difficult in some areas.

• Like 3

I don't get why there has to be ANY downside at all.  You can make a metal altar literally anywhere and then imp it as high as you want, there's absolutely no difference between this and pushing one premade, or making a stone one elsewhere and pushing it where you want

• Like 2

Please let us move them around. I've made enough altars to know that the anvil dropping most of the time doesn't work and people often want the altars someplace special.

• Like 2