Sign in to follow this  
Kruggan

Make Bridge Survey report height above water level

Unless I'm missing something, it's a bit of a guessing game to determine how far above water level you are with precision when flat-raising tiles in water for bridges.  You can continue to pile on the dirt, but it would be very convenient if the survey action would simply tell you how far above water level you are.  

• Like 15

+1 or give us a tool like a plumb bob. some thread and some lead. activate it and right click on a tile under water and it tells you how far you are above water level

• Like 2

+1 or give us a tool like a plumb bob. some thread and some lead. activate it and right click on a tile under water and it tells you how far you are above water level

Wow that's an excellent suggestion.

"Added in a way to get height above water when surveying (helper has to be in water)." for next update.

• Like 6

"Added in a way to get height above water when surveying (helper has to be in water)." for next update.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/124106-measure-depth-stick/

relevant.

although my earlier suggestion related to depth of water from water surface. I'm sure the coders could flex some creative muscles and kill two birds with one stone... attached to a string with measurement markers on it.
(wet bit = water depth / dry bit to hand = air depth) code returns both results.

+1

the planned update doesn't address both requests but i guess something is better than nothing i can only hope they either read my thread or this reply before they attend to the update.

Edited by Steveleeb