Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Please make an item to store large amounts of dye to paint ships

Gee i wish there was a way to paint boats by in using an item craftable in the game.

How can there continue to be no item craftable in the game for painting boats but there is an option to paint boats.

Whats the motivation behind not having that item in the game? is the development team really scared of upsetting the people making cash off this game? 

make it hard to craft 90 pottery and make it weigh 100kg w/e just give us the option to (paint a boat) without dropping money or coin for some kinda legacy item.

If you cant do this then remove the ability to paint boats. 

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 6

Yeah.. And i think - There is fountain pans, backpacks is not a good solution ;)

it been suggested many times before,but i guess that would be just too fair for wurm.

Rolf said they were working on one over 2 years ago in irc... dunno if the dev working on it quit. i mean its just a container cant be too hard to put it into the game. 

90 pottery > Large Pottery vase> holds 255  kg dye or other liquid or solid materia also

90 blacksmithing > Large Cauldron 

anything, something, comeon 

+1 from me, but this is one of those ideas that comes up again and again (like a feeding container for animals, or some way of tagging/naming non-horses) and just somehow falls into a black hole.  Not holding my breath.

-1 far to logical, does not belong in wurm world. (Clearly being sarcastic, so simple that it could be ninja'ed in somewhere)

Rolf said they were working on one over 2 years ago in irc... dunno if the dev working on it quit. i mean its just a container cant be too hard to put it into the game. 

90 pottery > Large Pottery vase> holds 255  kg dye or other liquid or solid materia also

90 blacksmithing > Large Cauldron 

anything, something, comeon 

That right there is why I'd say -1 

If it was to hold Dye only, then it should only hold Dye, much like how a fsb holds foodstuff, or bsb holds trade goods.

Personally, I'd like to just be able to activate the dye from a container, like a large barrel, or tub, and then paint something.

Can we still paint ships? Mine used to be painted but is no more after the new models. Just the sail is painted.

+1

Or make it possible to use smaller containers to paint in increments.  I want to paint my knarr black...

+1 I don't even know why this hasn't even been implemented yet....

Fountain pan is always an option however it's not a fair anwser, firstly you can't make them anymore and second there expensive for the normal player. How about instead of taking a ton of dye to paint large items why not just make it a barrel full (45kg) for any big ship, bsb, fsb, whatever it would make a lot of people happy and it would be easier to implement.

Should have been done ages ago.....someone has someone elses ear....

AS a matter of fact you should be able to paint with any amount and have a % of the amount completed if you do not finish.  The whole thing with not implementing anything at all is purely because of $$$ and its getting old really since we are talking about protecting a BUG.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 3

We allready have a huge tub, just don't make having it in inventory a requirement. Put tub on ground, fill it as required, add tub (with content, or just the content) to crafting-window - add ship to be painted to craftingwindow - paint. Same with smaller containers where less paint is needed.

• Like 2

We allready have a huge tub, just don't make having it in inventory a requirement. Put tub on ground, fill it as required, add tub (with content, or just the content) to crafting-window - add ship to be painted to craftingwindow - paint. Same with smaller containers where less paint is needed.

That would be awesome also i just dont like that a bugged/legacy item is the only way to perform an action thats part of the game. 

Painting large items in sections using smaller amounts of dye would be handy. If the dye ql and even color varies, the game could simply figure the median values.

If there's issues with the manner in which color display is implemented, don't even need to display the paint until its finished. Wire brush could be used to reset the unfinished paint job.

Edited by Klaa

Yeah I hate that fountain-pans etc were even allowed to remain in game. What game leaves obviously bugged/exploit items in play? Amateur yo.

Fountain pan is always an option however it's not a fair anwser, firstly you can't make them anymore and second there expensive for the normal player. How about instead of taking a ton of dye to paint large items why not just make it a barrel full (45kg) for any big ship, bsb, fsb, whatever it would make a lot of people happy and it would be easier to implement.

Here's the simplest fix. Nobody really cares if it's 45kg or 120.

Or even 64, I think that's what cauldrons can hold?

Edited by asdf