Sign in to follow this  
Skyhawk

floating 2 suggestions for wood scraps

Since at any moment of time in wurm there are 2.7E+20 wood scraps floating around, I just thought some recycling might be useful....

Use a combined 24+ weight scrap as a log when building a charcoal pile. This is, after all,  how the Kingsford company got their start. This doesnt seem to be gamebreaking, and there are already people that burn logs down to get low ql ones anyway.

Saw a 4+ weight scrap to make planks. Max 10ql planks are not going to ruin the game either.

Add 1 function to sawing and one to how piles can be made and start cutting back the number of items in the database.  =)

• Like 3

+1 for adding bulk to charcoal piles 

Planks...... plywood... not exactly medieval tech now.... despite the look on thatching *grin*

Now what's crossed my mind a couple of times ..... would make a kickass new flooring, kind of stuff I'd "pave" my wolf and bear pens with for example.

Something like:

woodchipsflickrtalekinker.jpg

• Like 5

I think bsbs were implemented in part to handle all the wood scraps and common bulk junk, but yes please to more coalmaking features.

+1 What excellent ideas, Skyhawk - and yes, reduce the ridiculous high quantities in the database and we may have fewer errors ;) - besides being sound resource management and eco-friendly.

reduce the ridiculous high quantities in the database and we may have fewer errors ;)

BSBs were made to handle this. The numbers in the database are well within parameter.

That said, being able to use wood scrap for charcoal piles would be brilliant.

On 5/21/2015 at 9:23 AM, Jaybudd said:

BSBs were made to handle this. The numbers in the database are well within parameter.

Because storing waste is a better idea than finding a use for it?  =)

+1
I wish that we could get ash from putting woodscraps directly into and oven or furnace, I'd be burning my scraps round the clock if only to reduce the sheer over-supply and get a useful material out of it. (I'm already aware they are a fuel, supply massively exceeds demand).

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1

I love the idea of being able to add any wood products as "wood weight" to coal piles. Additionally it wouldn't hurt to be able to burn wooden items to make ash.

Ash is a pain in the ass to get considering how much stuff is burned in the game.  Let alone any good quality ash.

Stay away from my woodscraps!
Ya'll will burn in the eternal woodscrap inferno!, bwhahahahaha!!

I got a notion, why not a rice ground combined with wood scraps to make wood pulp, and press it to make paper?  or planks?