Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Xanadu Impalong

This was my first Impalog and next time I will go there with much more prep work but it was fun and I made some good friends there. :D

I just want to thank  roarkindrake and everyone else that was involved for the well arranged event. From my perspective everything was under control

but I am sure it took quite a lot of running around for roarkindrake & his team to get everything organised. :ph34r:

I looked into the forges a few times and it is sad that so many items will go un-imped just because of the sheer volumes.

I hope to see you all at the next one.

Thank you that means a lot. I feel like I was running around like a chicken I was going to use this weekend to grind a bit which I did use all 4 hours of sb that I had stocked up for this event specially. But thank you and I am glad you could come and see all of our hard work. 

I hope to see you in the future at other ones that we host ;) if not at any of the others ones on the server. 

EDIT: However I am not looking forward to the clean up. All the buildings are going to stay up but it is going to be hell. 

Edited by Zachariah

I spent 3 days there imping stuff.There was so much stuff to imp.  Trying to clear the forges out was like trying to stop a hurricane by exhaling at it. 

Even just imping it to 70 QL...it was too much!

I've been to a few impalongs, but never have I felt so overwhelmed.  Were the item rules relaxed or was it because the impalong only lasted a few days?

Edited by Hailene

I don't think anything was relaxed from what I remember over on Release...

Just maybe had a higher ratio of new players... I know I wasn't quite as useful bringing up the low end of smithing because of computer issues... but who knows... I imagine it is just the fact that it didn't start a couple days before the weekend to break up the initial rush. I'm not sure how many smiths we had total but I know lots of people worked hard... at least some of us are gonna be there tomorrow. don't know how many, but some :)

Yeah, there was tons of stuff being imped. I actually refrained from getting a few of my tools imped, as I didn't want to add anymore to the load. 

Do most impalongs last longer than this one? That could explain things too. 

Anyway, on the new player side things were very fun. I couldn't play as much as I'd have liked, due to my physical limitations, but I enjoyed as much as I was there for. Next impalong I'll hopefully be able to help with imping. :)

I was unable to attend due to work :(

I hope everyone had a good time!

Thank you for the event it was fun! It is a win-win to both newer players and impers, good ql items vs good skillgain.

Sure I never felt the single forge that kept me busy would progress at all - I was not tracking the item volume imped there but the 2+ points on my WS skill speak for itself. I feel we had more new usernames on the items than usual, but there is always infinite load even if working 24/7

Thank you guys for all of the kind works. It was a very difficult thing to host but I am sure glad I did it. I know tonight after imping for a bit I was wondering about thinking that to do what to do. 

I feel like based off of other impalongs that i have researched on (since tbh this was my first impalong ever hosting and or attending) we were kind of on the short side but I felt like it was a moderate amount of time. I do feel bad for the people that will be going home with items that are not imped to 70 but I would like to thank everyone that came out and helped I had A LOT and I mean a lot of people come out the week before and help out. Heck sermons started on Thursday and are going to be continuing even after the impalong is over. 

If you did not get your leather Adventurer Hat to commemorate The Xanadu Impalong 2k15 please contact Shripiie tomorrow and he will be able to get you one. 

Thank you for everyone that has come out and helped imp I think it was a successful impalong for being my first. :) and I hope there will be more to come that I host. It was fun and I will definitely take into consideration some of the advice that I have gotten from many of the players that came :)

I wouldn't mind sticking around for a few more days to get more stuff imped if people will still be around (and roar/zachariah don't kick us out :P)

That's pretty much what I am thinking too... I mean, I can't hit the high end but I will do what I can. My suggestion/request is that the guys who can do the high end leave the lower stuff alone as much possible since I (and maybe others) can do that. I seem to be doing pretty well fetting blacksmithing up to real close to 50. FC I can push to about 42-45, regular carp I can get right up near 65-70 but nearly all of that is already done.

I wouldn't mind sticking around for a few more days to get more stuff imped if people will still be around (and roar/zachariah don't kick us out :P)

We would love to have you but who knows at midnight tonight I might let loos the 7 champs that we have on deed and chase you out the south gates. Maybe I will get one of the priests to dominate Momo (the champion black bear) and chase you guys out the gates with me on her back. :P

No we would love you to stick around for a couple days. I hate to see so many people go home without tools imped. 

Edited by Zachariah

I have small gift for you guys :) Short video from today. I hope you like it!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TfjWjIR8

I'll be back there asap. Been working very long days at work doing an audit so brain is mush. ( sailed from other coast and left the set of armor I wanted imped at home :/ )

I'll be there to pick up the couple items I have soon I swear.

Hey leroy. You better hurry. Today is the last day. What type of armor was it?

Hey guys. Today is the last day of the impalong and it is coming to a close we have about an hour left. After that you will have 48 hours to come pick up your tools from the forges other wise they are then mine. I will send items to you but you must pay CoD just contact me and let me know. 

Thank you for everyone that came out it was very much fun. And thank you for Xallo for coming out to hang for a lite bit. We could not do it without everyone that came out and congrats to all the priests that got more faith. 

Thank you for such a great event. The place was feeling empty when I left - sailing off into the dark, soon to be enveloped in fog...

Yeah local was empty again. I never noticed how alone it is up there :PP

I had a great time at the Impalong. Good job folks!

Always fun to meet new people and make new friends.

As always my imp list:

Skitch toolbelt improved

Blaike toolbelt improved

Vlada studded leather sleeve improved

Vlada studded leather sleeve improved

Vlada studded leather boot improved

Vlada studded leather boot improved

Vlada studded leather pants improved

Vlada studded leather glove improved

Vlada studded leather glove improved

Kochinac studded leather pants improved

Kochinac studded leather jacket improved

Kochinac studded leather boot improved

Kochinac studded leather boot improved

Kochinac studded leather glove improved

Kochinac studded leather glove improved

Kochinac studded leather sleeve improved

Kochinac studded leather sleeve improved

Gatiling steel great helm improved

Ducot plate leggins improved

Blaike steel great helm improved

Abbynormal plate gauntlet improved

Abbynormal plate gauntlet improved

Abbynormal plate vambrace improved

Abbynormal plate vambrace improved

Abbynormal plate breast improved

Abbynormal open helm improved

Abbynormal plate sabaton improved

Abbynormal plate sabaton improved

Gez plate leggins improved

Gez plate gauntlet improved

Gez plate gauntlet improved

Gez breast plate improved

Gez plate sabaton improved

Gez plate sabaton improved

Enderman plate gauntlet improved

Enderman plate gauntlet improved

Enderman plate vambrace improved

Enderman plate vambrace improved

Enderman plate breast improved

Enderman open helm improved

Enderman plate sabaton improved

Enderman plate sabaton improved

Armatus plate gauntlet improved

Armatus plate gauntlet improved

Armatus plate vambrace improved

Armatus plate vambrace improved

Armatus plate leggins improved

Armatus plate sabaton improved

Armatus plate sabaton improved

FireRiders plate leggins improved

FireRiders breast plate improved

Amath basinet helm improved

Amath breast plate improved

Amath plate vambrace improved

Amath plate vambrace improved

Amath plate leggins improved

Amath plate sabaton improved

Amath plate sabaton improved

Amath plate gauntlet improved

Amath plate gauntlet improved

Aesys basinet helm improved

Aesys plate gauntlet improved

Aesys plate gauntlet improved

Aesys breast plate improved

Aesys rare plate sabaton improved

Aesys plate sabaton improved

Aesys plate leggins improved

Aesys plate vambrace improved

Aesys plate vambrace improved

LucidMunky great helm improved

LucidMunky breast plate improved

Bakeruss great helm improved

Bakeruss breast plate improved

Bakeruss plate gauntlet improved

Bakeruss plate leggins improved

Bakeruss plate vambrace improved

Bakeruss plate vambrace improved

Codita plate sabaton improved

Codita plate sabaton improved

Codita plate leggins improved

Codita breast plate improved

Codita plate vambrace improved

Codita plate vambrace improved

Codita plate gauntlet improved

Codita plate gauntlet improved

Codita great helm improved

Jhonth plate leggins improved

Jhonth great helm improved and turned into rare

Jhonth plate gauntel improved

Jhonth plate gauntel improved

Ray breast plate improved

Ray plate gauntlet improved

Ray plate gauntlet improved

Ray plate sabaton improved

Ray plate sabaton improved

Ray plate leggins improved

Ray plate vambrace improved

Ray plate vambrace improved

Ray open helm improved

Vitrelle plate sabaton improved

Vitrelle plate leggins improved

Vitrelle plate vambrace improved

Vitrelle plate vambrace improved

Vitrelle plate gauntlet improved

Vitrelle plate gauntlet improved

Vitrelle basinet helm improved

Yesirn great helm improved

Shatalkua plate sabaton improved

Shatalkua plate sabaton improved

Shatalkua basinet helm improved

Shatalkua plate gauntlet improved

Shatalkua plate gauntlet improved

Shatalkua plate vambrace improved

Shatalkua breast plate improved

Shatalkua plate leggins improved

Famine great helm improved

Jinn great helm improved

Jinn plate gauntlet improved

Jinn plate gauntlet improved

Jinn breast plate improved

Jinn plate vambrace improved

Jinn plate vambrace improved

Jinn plate sabaton improved

Jinn plate sabaton improved

Sorion plate leggins improved

Sorion breast plate improved

Edited by Nisteros

Thanks for coming everyone! It truly was a great time for everyone to be here though I cant say im happy that my deed isnt lagvile anymore ;p.

Since this is my second impalong where i was participating as imper i would like to write few of my conclusion. First of all don't take this as me being bitter, hatefull or something like that. The fact that roar and zach went to all this trouble to organize it is enough for me, and i can only imagine how much hard work was put in. So thank you guys and please don't see this as a critique but a friendly thoughts to you and all the rest how those things can go even better in the future.

First of all, faith gains from sermons were really nice, and i got way much favour on my priest than i hoped for, but this could be much better if there were one festival building with 3 flors so there is even more listeners. Although it was way too much bs tools(lots of abuse from players that made at least several characters just for this i'm sure but don't wanna go into that i also used 2 characters to leave tools which i find legit because they are both regular premium players and i'm not in minority there and also, i tried not to be too greedy and put things i would mostly use and need althought i didn't put just few tools for imping) i had a feeling that we lacked impers in blacksmithing, shield smiting and platesmithing, Which ofc is not fault of Zach and Roar. The thing i hate most at impalongs is finnished coffins, were you have to wait and chase your tools because somebody moved me, would be better not to move tools at all during impalong so everyone can take them easily even though it would possibly require more containers and slightly different logistic maybe. And as a last thing, i was asked to removemy merchant that i setup there(just some personal made kingdom template stuff, which i know might be rude not to ask for permision and i appologize for that) because i quote impalong is not for selling things which i think is stupid. Impalong is perfect event for players to sell things that cannot be acquired on impalong. Great amount of people in area is great oportunity to make some of our lazy merchants that rarely sell anything and i think that offdeed area with market stalls for everyone who want to set up merchant should be part of every impalong or great event. The fact that i got several pms after i disbanded merchant and sold more that half of my merchindise says enough i think. Got my BS tools imped only to 50 which i could've done myself with my 50 skill in bs even though i left them among the first ones, but don't care, got some nice skill in blacksmithing, got my leatherworking stuff imped which i needed the most, got some nice faith, and hopefully got some friends. Thanks again for all the hard work put into this event :) And hope to see you again in such events, who knows maybe even in the distant future with me as organizer ;)

Just want to add my thanks for hosting this, fantastic event! It's left me aching and sore, (so I likely won't be sailing home for a few days yet), but it was worth it.

I have a few things left in the finished coffins (and I'd like to get one of those adventurer hats if it's still possible). Is there anytime in, say, the next 12 hours that someone will be around to help? 

If for some reason nobody else is around, I expect to be in game within about an hour and should be able to help you with that :)

Abbynormal is my main in game. If you don't see me there, ask in the area as I am probably around on an alt :)

Cool, thank you. :) I'll check in in about an hour then. 

Just want to add my thanks for hosting this, fantastic event! It's left me aching and sore, (so I likely won't be sailing home for a few days yet), but it was worth it.

I have a few things left in the finished coffins (and I'd like to get one of those adventurer hats if it's still possible). Is there anytime in, say, the next 12 hours that someone will be around to help? 

I knew it was going to be a pain to sail back so I went down with a row boat and donated that to someone and Karma Ported back home :)

Edited by KillerSpike

Fobok, thank you for the kind words. Currently Shrimpiie has sailed home because he was to sail all the back to indy. I sailed down south to do a pickup and therefor am not on deed. I hop Abbynormal was able to help you if not I should be back tonight.

• Like 1