Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Xanadu Impalong

I will try to be there :)

I can do some blacksmithing, cloth tailoring, carpentry and imp boats.

Hi there Just an update for the impalong. There have been rumors of some competitions going on. They are true!

Below is the information:

Fishing Competition:

​Just like the title says this is a fishing competition. We have a huge cove on the western border of our deed so you have the option to sail out there or you can hang out on the coast. The competition will last for 1 hour. In that one hour you will fish as much as you possibly can. at the end of the 1 hour the person with the biggest fish will win the first place prize, the player with the most fish will win the second place prize, and the player who caught the most rare, supreme or fantastic fish will win the third place prize. All competitors are responsible for bringing their own boat and fishing rod. We do not have any to lend out. This competition will take place on the first day of the impalong.

Prizes:

First Place Prize: Lurker in the Deep Pendulum

Second Place Prize: 90ql Willow Wood fishing rod

Third Place Prize: 50 fine fishing lines

Visit the following link to the google docs sign up sheet:

​https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wjS5PHbZl_ldfY4E3JWVsxVQPY3ytUiwj1epr1lJMxU/edit?usp=sharing

Horse Race:

Just as the title says this is a horse race. The horse race will start at The Dragon Spine Bridge and it will go north to Summerholt, then west to Valkyrie Landing, then lastly going east back to The Misty Dragon of Crydee. There are defined roads however they will not be marked with signs showing you the way to the horse race. The preexisting signs may be of help to you. It is your responsibility to bring your own horse and your own gear for defending your self from mobs. This race will take place on the second day of the impalong. 

Disclaimer: The path that you will be taking is filled with mobs of all kinds. Specifically trolls on the Dragon's Tail Highway to our north. The misty Dragon Crydee and or the impalong staff is not responsible for lost gear or horses due to death. Play to your own risk. 

Prizes: 

First Place Prize: 70ql horse shoes and saddle 

Second Place Prize: 50ql horse shoes and saddle 

Third Place Prize: A 5 speed horse breed right here on The Misty Dragon of Crydee's stables

Please visit the follow link to the google docs sign up sheet: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-zWASHcoF0Qe5RUWajnzSH2cjuK93GxEa2INfSpgHlo/edit?usp=sharing

Fighting Competition: 

This is a fighting competition involving separate fighting skill classes doing a multitude of 1 on 1 spars until the last 2 people are left. In order to win the first place prize you must beat your fighting skill class in the least amount of time. The Second place prize goes to the person to beat their fighting skill class next and so on and so forth till all three prizes have been claimed. Spars will be used instead of duels and all three fighting skill classes will hold their fights at the same time. You are responsible for bringing your own fighting gear and mounts are not allowed. 

Prizes: 

First Place Prize: 52ql plate set with Great Helm 

Second Place Prize: 47ql supreme practice doll

Third Place Prize TBA (To be announced later) 

Please visit the following link to the google docs sign up sheet: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eKHzi-sC3hjt7qosokChXDkK4zXgUbq_Bly7k3ARgQw/edit?usp=sharing

Hey there freedom. Just updating the impalong thread with some more information. This time it is the rules. 

1. The impers are there on their own time. They are not getting paid to imp tools, other than the skill of course, so you can only get one tool type imped. Don't throw 5 shovels into a forge and expect them all to be imped.
  2. Steel is an expensive and labor intensive material and for that we ask that you do not request steel tools to be imped. The steel that we will provide will be used for Plate Armor Smithing. 
  3. The tools will only be imped up to 70ql because that is the max ql material that we have. 
  4. You can get a rare imped but the ql the imper will imp it to is entirely up to them. They don't have to do a 70ql rare for you if they don't want to. 
  5. And lastly we ask that you have fun. Don't be rude. If you are rude or unkindly during the event we will kindly ask you to leave eventually taking it to KoS if you do not cooperate. 

Thank you all we are looking forward to it :)

• Like 3

so you can only get one tool type imped. Don't throw 5 shovels into a forge and expect them all to be imped.

Hey. Just a little confused by the wording of this. If we can only get one tool type imped, and only one of that type... so we just bring a single tool to be imped? (I'm not complaining at all! Anything that can get imped is a bonus. I'm just a little confused.) 

Hey. Just a little confused by the wording of this. If we can only get one tool type imped, and only one of that type... so we just bring a single tool to be imped? (I'm not complaining at all! Anything that can get imped is a bonus. I'm just a little confused.) 

no you can get all the tools imped that falls under black smithing but not like 5 shovels just one shovel one chisle on trowel etc

Ahh! Ok, thanks for the clarification. :)

Edited by Fobok

There seems to have been major conflict on the rare rule. If you hand an item to am imper of any type and they turn it rare it is yours still. the imper does not get to keep that. However if you hand a rare to an imper they reserve the right to imp it to below 70ql if not at all. That is what I meant by it is at the discretion of the imper

no offense zachariah but you should clarify but except in special ocassions(like asking an imper to that isnt busy to imp some for you for money) you dont usually hand your items to impers at all,you drop them in a forgr/coffin/cart/whatever they organizers have set up and not directly to the imper,they dont need to ever take your items to imp them.

Sounds good Zachariah! We are gonna have a great time and I hope for a big turnout :)

Will try to make it, i have carpentry, fine carpentry and woodcutting over 70, and have 50 in ropemaking, shipbuilding and blacksmiting on my main, and i also have vyn priest that can cast some decent power casts or can be used for linking. I love impalongs, just not sure about RL commitments

Edited by kochinac

no offense zachariah but you should clarify but except in special ocassions(like asking an imper to that isnt busy to imp some for you for money) you dont usually hand your items to impers at all,you drop them in a forgr/coffin/cart/whatever they organizers have set up and not directly to the imper,they dont need to ever take your items to imp them.

Yes this should be made more clear for sure. Normally you just label your items with your name, drop it into a forge / coffin / where ever things go to be improved, then when they're done the person who put them there can just take their own stuff out (this way works with permissions to help reduce things suddenly going missing). Shouldn't ever be handing things to a person (except unique cases like with rare items). 

Yes this should be made more clear for sure. Normally you just label your items with your name, drop it into a forge / coffin / where ever things go to be improved, then when they're done the person who put them there can just take their own stuff out (this way works with permissions to help reduce things suddenly going missing). Shouldn't ever be handing things to a person (except unique cases like with rare items). 

Sorry i wasn't clear but yes when I said "handed to the imper" I ment when you throw it in the forge. You don't trade things to the impers. 

Reminder to everyone to "Put your name on your items"

• Like 2

Reminder to everyone to "Put your name on your items"

Thank you Chiqa. Lots of help she has been 

Hi guys. I just wanted to apologize for the miscommunication of the rare rule. It is not so much a rule I am now learning as a good thing. The thing about rares and impalongs is if you put an item in the forge to be imped and it turns rare the imper will continue to imp it to 70ql and it will go back to the original owner of the item. If you put a rare into the forge that is already rare it will be imped to 70ql. The part that I was confused on was the "at the discretion of the imper". Meaning it will be imped to 70ql no matter what. Sometimes depending on the imper they will give rares a little bit more love than normal. Sorry that was my bad I was confused. 

However Shrimpiie arrived on the site today and we got the smithy all set up. It looks amazing if I do say so myself. :) Kylashandra has been helping helping with the smithy as well and making beds and Foundry has helped a lot with building. He brought up 1200 bricks and mortar just this last week. Lots of help the community has been. I have also smelted close to 4k metal of all kinds.

On the 22nd and 23rd Shrimpiie is going to be my right hand man helping organize and collect the mats as they come in. So if you have any mats and im not on ask him. :) thank you all and we are looking forward to this in about 5 days

• Like 1

Three days till the materials start rolling in. Just the usual bump nothing interesting in this post o/

So a villager and I would definitely like to attend this event! If you need help setting up or anything of the like we can be there as early as tomorrow or to be your slaves. We can pretty much imp anything to around 30 quality, so won't be able to help with imping, but helping with setting up we would love to help! PM me in game, (I'm on at all hours).

Actually, if you can imp to 30, that can help a lot. For instance, imagine we get 40 people show up, 10 have brand new, creation level tools, 10 have 30ql tools, 10 have 50ql, and the last 10 have good tools that have decayed down from 70 down into the 60's.

I you can get those creation level tools up to 30, I can get them up to around 40-45, maybe someone else with a little more skill can take them to 50, and then the heavyweights can top them up to 70. While we are doing all that, they have finished up those that were in the 60's and on down the line.

That way, far more tools can get done to 70 than if we all just wait for the heavyweights to do it all :)

It all works a lot like you do with the lumps and logs for imping. You don't use that nice 70ql log to get the tool from 10-30ql, you use the trash logs that I can cut :)

Also, those folks that can't imp even to 20-30, they can do like I did last year... get water, fuel, food, etc... that was about all I had the skills for :)

Of course, looking back, they might have been thinking "No, I wanted an excuse to move, please let me get away from this forge"

I will try to come, I will do leatherworking and platestmithing.

Edited by Nisteros

Actual iLLiteratNerd. I would love to have you come help me. I am re doing our docks right now to make more room for boat parking and I need the floors to the carpentry/tailoring building done. I have all the mats needed for it I just need them done. We would love to have you early. 

Edit: After reading your response me and Roar have been looking for someone to do some impalong videos. We would love to have you early and video the set up before it gets to laggy. But just PM me if you have any questions. We have had a lot of people coming early lately and it is exiting :)

Edited by Zachariah

Hey Breynden. I saw you arrived on site today. Sorry I was not online to greet you. Hope someone was. But I have something to ask you. Were you parked your boat is actually were I am going to be raising land from under water. if you could move it real fast. I dont want to beach it. I am redoing the docks :) thank you