Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Xanadu Impalong

An advice: put the altars for sermons into the imping building to take advantage of the greater aydience. If you put altars a level above the forges all impers and bystanders within 4 tiles will count as listeners during the sermons.

Very Good Suggestion. 

I'd be willing to help with either imping or just other stuff. I'm not far from Summerholt myself.

Very Good Suggestion.

I remember they did that at the one I attended at Christmas... they had the priests on the top floor and everything going on below them so they had a good crowd all the time.

That was the Lotus Impalong last year if I recall. Worked really nicely too :P

That's the one Shrimpiie... where I met all kinds of wonderful people... there was this one guy doing leatherwork... hehehe

I look forward to being more useful than just running water and logs around for the real workers!

• Like 1

We were featured in the Faction Fight Brother's Live Stream today on Twitch at www.twich.com/factionfight and i would just like to say that you guys for featuring us and talking to your viewers about us. One thing that they did point out is that if you do intend to come to the imaplong I suggest that you come at least a day early. We do have have beds available in the inn however they are first come first serve. So if you do intend to come a day early let me or Roarkindrake know so we can plan for more beds. Thank you all and I will try and figure out a way to put the altars above the most populated building. But there are two buildings that are going to be used as imping building. The smithery and the carp/ct building. 

Will talk to Roar about it but I am looking forward to meeting a lot of cool people there. Kyle if you would like to help out more we have a lot of prep work going in and if you wanted to you could come like a couple days early and help us get everything set up. PM me if you would like to and I am sure we can get a few things going got you. We have a lot of forges that need to be imped to 60ql 

I will try to be there if I can reach on time, can imp BS and Carp.

I would love to come early and help out :) I can send Abbynormal over for that who is my main Carp and the closest thing to a Mason I have and then my miners can continue doing their thing for a while longer for supplies.

I know it is getting late for major changes but is there any chance of adding a floor to one of the buildings to combine activities under one roof?

I don't know how much is being custom built for the impalong and how much is just re-purposing :)

Or... with bridges in the mix.. if the buildings are immediately next to one another, could a bridge be built between them and the priests work on the connecting bridge to cover both?

Referencing another post about castings... I don't need to charge for casts at an impalong (though I wouldn't turn down tips of course) but I don't yet have the ability to do much in the way of saccables... if someone can belp with those I will do my best to cast unless someone more qualified shows up... sadly I still tend to throw a fair amount of shrapnel on lower ql items! Obviously, I would love the practice!

After speaking with roarkindrake I will be there to help with the horse race and will be doing the photo/fraps finish with my alts.  I was just sending alts, but now going to visit in person.  

If you still need any 70(ish)ql mats, iron, silver, steel, tin, lead, zinc, stone, wood, dirt, clay,..., i could probably donate some brass and bronze too.  

Also, happy to lend my Mag, Vyn, or Fo as battery if needed, 80+ faith each.

Looking forward to the event

We would love some 70ql steel. Atm we only have 200 units of it and I want to make sure we have enough. I don't want to have to call it quits on the Plate Armor imping station especially since I am raising it all the way to 60 especially for this impalong (at 40 now, I am close I can smell it). 

Also we would love some mats for jewelry smithing to be donated. I still have to go through all the mats and get a sure fire list of everything we need. Think I am going to do that when roar gets back on tonight. 

Cool, then i will start making some extra steel and make my Silver mine feel used :).  I will also donate some Charcoal.

I'd be glad to bring Perce along and help with whatever needs done. Cloth tailoring is 60, HFC also 60, Carp 50, Masonry 55.... several other skills from 50-60+ to help the imping. (Digging is 83 if there's any need for it for land prep....saw something about horse track) will also check stocks of lumps, etc and see what all I can bring.

Just let me know when to be there if needed for early prep :-)

EDIT can bring 90 ql cotton, can bring 1k or whatever, just let me know

Lotus impalong was a blast and can't wait for another!

Edited by Percefonie

thank you go ahead and bring that cotton right on over. 

Alright guys this is the offical list of the mats that we have coming in on the day before the impalong:

• 300 70ql Steel 
  • 3400 70ql iron 
  • 300 70ql logs
  • 1200 80-90ql cotton
  • 400 leather
  • 200 70ql silver
  • 64 25 ql charcol 
  • and an unknown amount of peat

we are still in the need of more iron. I want to have about 5k-6k in stock. We also need more iron. If I have not talked to you and you know you are bringing mats or you want to bring more mats. Please send me a PM in game or in forum so that I can put you down.

Thank you 

No problem, will bring the cotton. Still need a hand prior for set up? 

I'm going to pass a large crate full (300) of 70+ql logs to Percefonie to bring to the event. Due another WC grind, so will have plenty spare. Happy imping! :D

thanks Vannin. And Percefonie, if you want to come like a day earlier we can get all of your mats organized. and then that way you wil be there once we start.

OK, I'm sure I'm overlooking it but where is it going to be? I25 SE I read but there's two deeds circled?

It is going to be at I25 in the NE at Misty Dragon. Everien Shores is circled for reference.

Edited by Zachariah

The offical list of the mats has been updated with more mats. Thank you everyone that has vouched to bring things.

• 300 70ql steel
  • 5400 70ql iron
  • 600 70ql logs
  • 1200 80-90ql logs
  • 400 leather
  • 200 70ql silver
  • 64 25ql charcoal
  • ~200 of copper of an unknown ql
  • ~200 of tin of an unknown ql
  • ~200 zinc of an unknown ql
  • ~200 silver of an unknown ql (use to imp as high as you can go and then use the higher ql things) 
  • ~200 gold of an unknown ql
  • ~200 30ql logs (use for imping as high as you can go and then use the higher things)
  • ~300 peat for fueling the forges

We are still looking for some more silver of 70ql and some more leather of any ql since it doesn't have the ql restriction like smithing things so. I think we are good on iron. I reached my goal of having 5-6k in stock and we also have the option to mine more as there are a bunch of iron veins on deed with an assorted varying ql's.

We are also still in the market for some 70ql logs. SO far I only have 2 crates full of logs and a few hundred 30ql ones. We need more people or we are going to have to call it quits on the carpentry section.

If I have not talked to you in the last day please PM me. Larue I know you were going to bring a few hundred of leather. If so could you please PM me or post in there if you are going to bring some and what you are going to bring.

Thank you everyone who has vouched for brining some mats we really appreciate it.

If another fo priest is along for sermons I am willing to do some free LT casts for folks as well as anyone who ever wants venom XD

I can bring also FO priest there and some random ql woods if needed