Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Xanadu Impalong

Hi. My name is Zachariah. Many of you know me and many of you do not. I hope to be meeting a few of you here at the impalong. I have been helping Roarkindrake plan this impalong for a little bit now and we are almost at the building stage. A lot of work is being done by our alliance to help prepare. For example a highway is being built by an alliance member of our's (you know who you are :P) from summerholt straight to the front door of Misty Dragon. I walked it myself and it is really great some nice views as well. I just wanted to say smething as some people seem confused on what they can help with.

Of course the first thing you could help with would be imping mats. High ql about 70+ (please see OP for full list). PM me if you have any you would like to donate and I can make a run out to you depending on were you are. Remember Xanadu is huge and I am only one person with a knarr.

Secondly the thing you can help with is what Kylesandra mentioned. Even if you have low skills like 10 Weaponsithing you can imp the weapons as high as you can go and then pass them off to us big guns. Takes some pressure off of us because there will be a lot of things to imp. And ofcourse you can also grind before you get there to imp higher.

And lastly. Just spread the word. Yes a lot of marketing has been done for this between this thread and the constant chatter about it in Freedom chat but still it would help to talk to your friends in other servers or maybe mention it in Global. News by word of mouth is the eaiest way to spread news. So get the word out there.

I look forward to seeing many new faces there as well as many familiar faces. I know one thing though, my friends list is going to dramaticaly grow in size. Come to the impalong and meet new people and chat with the community and compete in some of the competitions that will be held. And most of all gets your tools imped.

Thank you,

Zachariah

• Like 1

Hello,

Weaponsmith 84

Leatherworking 96

Fine carpentry 70

carpentry 80

I will come with a full crate of 70ql iron and a full crate of 70ql logs

I am not sure yet if i will be there the entire impalong but i will help where i will be needed.

I will bring the iron up to at least 60ql... by the time I get that much iron mined, I might just might be able to do the 70ql too :) I am only about 6 points away now.

Can also bring other metals... I will try for a crate of each at whatever ql I can manage by then... I will keep you informed so we don't fall short.

Any preference for forge fuel? I can bring peat or tar if that would help.

I will get started on this within a few days :)

Edited by Kyleshandra

Could you please add Hailene to the carpentry and chainsmithing list, too?

Hello,

Weaponsmith 84

Leatherworking 96

Fine carpentry 70

carpentry 80

I will come with a full crate of 70ql iron and a full crate of 70ql logs

I am not sure yet if i will be there the entire impalong but i will help where i will be needed.

Wonderful.

And Kyleshandra I will talk with Raorkindrake todat and see what his preference is. I never actually thought of that because I know we don't want to be using the iping logs to feul. I will keep you posted.

And Haline (sorry if I spelt that wrong) I will have Roarkindrake update it at soon as I see him :)

Thank you guys and looking forward to seeing you there.

I've never been to an impalong and missed out on the earlier ones, but will try and make it to this one for sure! My skills are not high enough to be of much use, but I can certainly bring along some raw materials that don't have a QL requirement (I'm assuming that in the list of needed materials, the ones with no QL requirement mentioned are this kind?)

I've put up an announcement and timer on - http://wurm.bdew.net/

The timer is counting to 24 Jul 00:00 UTC - if you have a more accurate time - please tell me :P

mmm the map shows 2 deeds,which one is the impalong at? "misty dragon" or "everian shores" ?

I hope to be there - looks as if there are enough carpenters, so will assist as need and skills allow...

mmm the map shows 2 deeds,which one is the impalong at? "misty dragon" or "everian shores" ?

Its at Misty Dragon

and ill be there to help with carpentry and fine carpentry :)

Edited by Stagnatrious1

If You would be kind enough to edit teh shieldsmithing crew and replace froggy25 with Trbovlje...

Hi,

As you have so many carpenters, please would you remove me from the list, as i think i will pass this time, as it is a very long way to travel.

Many thanks,

Edited by Baloo

Hello Xanadu. The Impalong is about a month away and things are coming under way. Us staff of the impalong are looking for some 70ql steel so that we can use it to improve plate sets at the impalong. We will be willing to pay a fair price and I personally would be willing to come and pick it up depending on your location.

If you are interested we would be greatly apprecative and please PM me either in game or in the forums.

Oherwise I look forward to seeing al of you there.

Hi. I'm a level 75 carpenter and level 40 blacksmith. I'd like to help improving items.

At least 1k 70+ql iron is sure from my stocks, will bring some 70ql steel too.

Hi Xanadu. We have almost all of the mats being brought on the day of the impalong. Just one more thing we need. 70ql imping leather. If anyone would be willing to spare some we would be willing to pay a fair price if you dont want to donate. I would also be willing to come pick it up if you are not going to go to the impalong and cannot bring it with you. Please PM me in game if you have some to spare. We need about 500-1k

I might have missed it, but I didn't see anyone mentioned priests or a sermon gathering at this impalong, I know that has been a thing at past ones, was there anything like that happening this time around? 

I hope so :) I have two Vyn priests (maybe 3) that aren't great casters but can provide 200 or more favor for linking... at the least I hope for sermons :) Tarlcabot will be brand new so will need all the help he can get!

Edited by Kyleshandra

We would love to have some people casting for a small charge. Up to the priests about casting but we would love to hold sermons. We have a church doubling as an inn being built. So. if you want to bring your priests feel free.

I have a Vynora and two Fo I'll bring. :) Thanks for the information. 

I'm leatherworker, carpenter, fine carpenter, bowyer, fletcher, tailor, jeweller, at your service :D
I can cut 70+ ql woods.

An advice: put the altars for sermons into the imping building to take advantage of the greater aydience. If you put altars a level above the forges all impers and bystanders within 4 tiles will count as listeners during the sermons.

• Like 3

I'm leatherworker, carpenter, fine carpenter, bowyer, fletcher, tailor, jeweller, at your service :D

I can cut 70+ ql woods.

if you would be interested. I have about 130 cedars i planted just off deed that can be cut. Planted them for the impalong but only have 35 WC. Im at k25 Wyrstone Coast.
  • Like 1