Sign in to follow this  
Arelone

Help please can no longer launch Wurm

I had to do a load of security related stuff on my pc today via Kaspersky.

Now my Wurm shortcut launches the top screen e.g the picture, but it doesn't get any further.  

I tried deleting the Wurm folder and the jnlp file.   Reclicking on Play, not getting anywhere.

I can't remember how i installed it in the first place.....was it just clicking on the Play button and opening the download file? Or is there something I am missing

No idea what to do......

:(

• Like 1

Same thing is happening to me now that I put on Kaspersky

Ok the tech said Kaspersky was blocking the Java Certificate. He uninstalled and re-installed Wurm, Java, and Kaspersky.

Still can't load Wurm on main pc.  I get it fine still on laptop (where I didn't have to do any Kaspersky "stuff). So i don't THINK it can be router related. I've uninstalled and reinstalled java 32 and 64.  Maybe I need to delete Wurm from somewhere I am NOT deleting it from to reinstall?  I've tried clicking in the link above but same thing happens.  I just get the little Wurm box and then it goes and....nothing.  No error messages.  Just doesn't come up.  Which "tech" are you talking about LorraineJ?  Kaspersky tech?  I am in email talks with them STILL about this issue.  Should I tell them that I believe (according to what you said) Kasperksy is blocking Java Certificate and get them to tell me how to unblock it?  I am not sure whether it is Kaspersky and I have tried pausing and stopping protection but it still won't load.  I did notice that I don't get the option to save the wurm file, only open it, I also can't set a shortcut to the desktop, which i can on laptop.  Perhaps there's something wrong in my settings somewhere but I am stumped.  Here's hoping some teccie person can help me get it running.

on some security software, pauseing protection dosent change firewall exceptions that block specific programs.