Sign in to follow this  
Japiker

New fully independent Server

Hello what are you thinking about new independent server? 

We will start from 0, there will be no goods from other servers? 
independent economy....

Anyone want it?

• Like 2

- a million

the last time they did this it was a failure

Edited by Elen
  • Like 4

We have more than enough servers.

I don't see it necessary. Unless something temp like Challenge

If there was need for a reset, inde would be last on the list imo. There are soooo many places to deed, lots of coastal areas and if you want a mountain there are so many places as well. So...much...space.

Edited by Milosanx

Most servers in the cluster struggle to hit 40 as it is! 

If was need for a reset, inde would be last on the list imo. There are soooo many places to deed, lots of coastal areas and if you want a mountain there are so many places as well. So...much...space.

Also, Xanadu is barely touched, same as Release and Pristine, so on every server you got enough spots to deed :)

Just need to look good.

And I am aggreeing with Rasu that we got enough servers atm to fill our hands with work :)

Edited by stonecutter1995

As much as i like a new server i can not see one for years Xanadu is such a large server that really we could all live on that and there would still be loads of room. 

Edited by Kegan

As much as i like a new server i can not see one for years Xanadu is such a large server that really we could all live on that and there would still be loads of room. 

This!

I'd actually love to see everyone move to Xan - would actually feel like a pretty fulfilled and MMORPG orientated place!

Plus as we all know lag doesn't exist on Xanadu, so it could definitely handle the numbers  :ph34r:

-1 I'm pretty sure, Wurm do not need any new server, until someone is ready to bring in few thousands of fresh souls ...

independent economy....

Anyone want it?

Personally I would like it. But then it wouldn't help the game that much, in a few months it would be a terra-formed mess again.

It's the general Wurm problem: a new server brings new people and old people back into the game. But only for a while, after the new (and old) players have build their stuff population will decline again. The builders have built their stuff and leave and few new people join and stay with the game because everywhere they go they find the ruins of what others have made before them. :)

-1 No purpose in it.  Whether you are looking for pristine lands, or want a better chance to be #1 crafter on the server, neither is a good enough reason to start up a separate game just like the one we already have.

• Like 1

We had this already, this experiment was called Pristine and Release.

• Like 3

The whole time we had pristine and release segregated we wanted them connected.

I'd approve if we had a huge player spike that would cause a lot of lag on all the existing servers. 

The way it is right now, -1 from me as well.

I would love to start over on an independent, totally new server; provided the older ones shut down.. which ain't happening anytime soon as there's too many servers at the moment for the population, thinning it out even more is just pointless. It's also not that hard to build up a independent community, there's plenty of large 'dead zones' on the older servers.

As for the terraformed mess, I've learnt to deal with it. You can get an awful lot of skill terraforming it back into a natural beauty and a real sense of accomplishment. Ain't no one going to fix it but the players, get your shovels out people and have some love for the areas around you.

I've been working on a 100+ tile area around my deed on Exodus clearing decaying looms, forges, altars, hedges etc... looking beautiful. -*poses proudly*-

Edited by Drathania

As for the terraformed mess, I've learnt to deal with it. You can get an awful lot of skill terraforming it back into a natural beauty and a real sense of accomplishment. Ain't no one going to fix it but the players, get your shovels out people and have some love for the areas around you. ...

I've tried that a few times when I played on Serenity, but it only works on servers that get few (if any) new people. On any of the more popular servers your re-naturalized beauty will be a terra-formed mess again after a few weeks.

Or like I'm used to say: The single most dangerous critter in Wurm is a player with a shovel.

Do like i do and find a spot that no one can really bother you like an island or a next to a mountain. I will admit that they are hard to find but they are out there.  (if i had my way i would never see anyone in local unless i invited them to my deed) 

It is just the hermit in me i guess, lol

Unless its a challenge like temporary server. Having 2 different clusters at the moment is too many.

independent economy....

Anyone want it?

The server isolation upon creation of the newer servers of Pristine and then Release have shown this isolation experiment to be a bad idea. Little point in repeating the same mistake. I made a new character on Pristine when it opened and a deed a few days later. Still have them there to this day, so I have seen how all this turned out. Not too well until they finally joined to the other servers and now players can come and go as they choose, as well as import better goods there with the mail assisting.

Pristine is now a sleepy little place that not many choose to live upon. Probably a good choice for the more independent player who prefers to do their own thing, although seeing others in local doesn't bother me.

=Ayes=

start from 0

no goods from other servers

independent economy

The "new" economy would find equilibrium quickly, and the server would be connected to other clusters. What added value do you see in another "fresh start"?