Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

magical deed barrier for security

As suggested by others in the frustrated post about flying over walls, let's make a deed setting that flat out prevents ANYONE from setting foot on your deed, regardless of how high up or deep below in mines.  Full infinity vertical barrier.  In the new permissions, we will have different friend levels. We can use the new permissions to determine what friends and allies are allowed to enter the magical barrier.

Walls around a deed become decoration options, rather than requirements to secure a deed.

Put COMPLETE security control back in the hands of the deed owners.  This solution will not require everyone to replan their deed, as suggested by wurm staff.

• Like 3

While I don't think that deed holders should have to adjust their deed based on bugs that shouldn't happen in the first place, I don't see how this would be an effective solution when compared with... I don't know... fixing the bug...

It would make it difficult to travel when you constantly bump into invisible walls.

• Like 1

While I don't think that deed holders should have to adjust their deed based on bugs that shouldn't happen in the first place, I don't see how this would be an effective solution when compared with... I don't know... fixing the bug...

It isn't a bug, it is needed to make bridges work in the first place and people were also told about it here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93345-feedback-request-on-fence-stuff/ .

do that and starter towns will not be accessible anymore considering the number of deeds around

Edited by Zetuka
  • Like 1

+1 I don't want to have to pick my drakeset off of my farm tiles

• Like 2

This isn't needed, Like at all. If your that paranoid, go put everyone on KOS and be done with it. Quit making everyone else suffer because you don't like a game feature. And i don't fancy going around 100x100 deeds tyvm, You may be able to, but im not since where i live in wurm, Has LOADS of mega deeds & 1 way passages. If even ONE of them puts a barrier up, I have to detour around a whole mountain range & around two lakes, total time to go around: 90 minutes or so. 

• Like 1

-1 pve; +1pvp

make it so catapult shots, arrows, ballistas, etc. can't go through this barrier as well

If I played on freedom I would like this change, watch some idiots drop into my deed... I would house a few champ trolls/scorps in houses which I can pop for when someone falls in :rolleyes:

Honestly these changes affect pvp the most... raiding an enemies deed, fall off the dirtwall into some inaccessible area :S

Or... this can happen xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0_0MgWrXM

+0 I see the pros and cons. Thinking about my own deed I can see some weakens and this is tempting. I don't see much difference between someone walking around a fenced in 100x100 deed and someone walking around an invisible wall so it not hurting those who already have to deal with deed made by the paranoid ;) . Unlike other games it would have a use here. Sad the game would be so cut off though. I could see this as a part of the new permission system or not need then.

-1, artificial barriers in sandbox games are something we must elliminate, not add.