Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Indoor Ramp for Carts / Mounts

6wGchQJ.jpg

My latest warehouse design incorporates 2 indoor ramps that lead from 1st to 2nd floor at one end, then at the other end of the building a ramp goes from 2nd to 3rd. The building is a 4x11. It works quite well, with a combination of walls and arch's along the sides of the ramp openings. For this to work you need to create exterior walls on the inside for each ramp.

1FvaA18.png

• Like 1

yeah i have something similiar going on. it feels almost perfect. 

2kmQ4Iy.jpg

eQiBeIK.jpg
The `holes` are bays for the wagon and cart.. bays that allow you to dismount within the building.
creative intelligence adapts well enough to the new. 
adding bridges to buildings that already exist , is where the problem arises. 
modifying a design without tearing everything down.
thus; 
uAhksgN.jpg

VtfHTou.jpg

The marble crown is new. I want to connect it to the building somehow. it's a real conundrum.
I've figured out how, in deedplanner, but there's still no cart access to it because a 3rd floor to ground floor bridge demands more than 4 tiles. I suspect I'll spend a week working this out.
I will tear down those bridges if i can't.. make it aztec instead.. ramps going up the sides.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

bays that allow you to dismount within the building

+1

My second workshop I built was supposed to have that in the center, but I ended up closing in all the upper floors for more storage space.

• Like 1

Any word from the devs ? Is this possible, as we never had a merge of 2 constructions before, and this is kind of ... that kind of thing, with bridges being another thing with ownership?

Wouldn't really have to be as complicated as bridges inside of buildings.

Ramp tiles, built like an opening. Static 15 slope, thus takes 2 to get up the 30 slope from floor to floor. Block movement on the tile below except from the open side.

Ugliest solution - "Lower ramp" and "Upper ramp" options.

Fanciest solution - One that can intelligently know what level it's starting from. Split-level floor tile planning allowing L-shaped ramps and other interior decorating z-level fun.

A stairwell that carts and horses can use.
(I'll make another suggestion thread in a month with that title i suspect)