Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Indoor Ramp for Carts / Mounts

So, yay! We now have stairs and bridges! Great work team.

Something I think we all miss though are a ramp you can ride up, that you can build inside a structure.

I suggest that this ramp should take quite a bit of materials (since you're basically covering a floor worth of bricks). 40 bricks and 40 mortar?

The ramp should NOT be pushable, but Turn is obviously a very big necessity!

Yes? No? Give me all your feedback on this idea ;)

EDIT: Changed suggestion due to reasonable feedback.

• Like 35

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" u.u

+1

Tho i think it'd need to be like two tiles long, Since going up a 45 degree angle on a cart would look pretty silly in my opinion. 

+1 Maybe has to be 3x2 space with a 1x3 at the bottom for maneuverability.

+1, but it needs to be able to be built inside of structures as well as outside. Stand alone that can be push pulled into position. Different widths as well as different height options so we can do multiple story ceilings without issue.

Yes to your suggestion. No to your excessive materials requirements penchant. Same materials as one bridge section would seem more acceptable but a bit less since they are inside buildings.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

I'd love to have an indoor ramp. Or... just fix stairs to enable hitched cart travel up/down it.

• Like 1

I suggest that this ramp should take quite a bit of materials (since you're basically covering a floor worth of bricks). How about 100 brick and 100 mortar?

Add 100 concrete in there too, just to tip the scales into silly town.

Don't pre-nerf your suggestions.

• Like 1

Looks like it is already planned as per this post, so is there really a need for a suggestion?

And, I like everyone else wanted to have bridges in the game. We all knew bridges was going to bring a new physics system into the game. This is part of the changes caused by bridges. Its not something they could have "opted out" of doing. We wanted ways to ride our carts, horses, wagons from one level to another in our house. To do that the new physics had to be attached to those blocks. Thats why Roofs are not affected. Because we don't walk on top of roofs, or have any form of bridge attached to it.

Edited by sunsvortex

+1 to inside buildings-100 to outside.I wouldent want grivers to drop one next to my walls so they can fall in

+1 on permanent - non pushable indoor ramps

• Like 2

Add 100 concrete in there too, just to tip the scales into silly town.

Don't pre-nerf your suggestions.

Edited to 40/40. Reasonable?

Looks like it is already planned as per this post, so is there really a need for a suggestion?

Technically, that goal has been achieved with bridges. Daryldarkfire does not have any impact on development decisions, and should not be taken as a source for such.

Even the code monkeys have little impact.

+1 but it needs to be longer than 1 tile. A house wall is 33 steep high, so it should need atleast 2 tiles of space as to not make a 33 steep high ramp :P

• Like 1

Yes, either that, or not make it a "walkable" ramp, since carts and horses can ride up to 40 slope steep!

• Like 1

Technically, that goal has been achieved with bridges. Daryldarkfire does not have any impact on development decisions, and should not be taken as a source for such.

Yes, but the point is not whether he has any impact on development decisions, the language used suggests that ramps are a foregone conclusion and simply awaiting implementation. It sounds as though this has been discussed and kicked around by many people, long ago and was already determined as good for implementation. So why bother with a suggestion?

Yes, but the point is not whether he has any impact on development decisions, the language used suggests that ramps are a foregone conclusion and simply awaiting implementation. It sounds as though this has been discussed and kicked around by many people, long ago and was already determined as good for implementation. So why bother with a suggestion?

I can neither confirm nor deny this, as I do not know anything about the coding challenges that are involved in making this happen. This is simply a suggestion from a player perspective, not a GM one. If it gets done, all the better. That it wasn't done from the start just means that we have to show the dev team the desire for it to exist. It ain't hurt nuffin.

I would love it if they'd add this. I've been building a donut castle with a thought towards adding in either stairs or preferably ramps (Since I'd read they were adding something like that...) but 'hidden away' behind/out of public eyes.

With my current setup, I'd have to do some fiddling if they made it a full tile wide ramp...

3TFVeH6.jpg

The ramp you come up to my castle's entries. (Public access foyer).

RXyilb6.jpg

The front foyer...these two doors would lead to where the ramps would hopefully be hidden, you can see the back foyer which is also open/mirrored, and of course the whole inner courtyard is open.

qrFdNtK.jpg

The inner courtyard with my inner cartports...eventually will have chanted grass in it so you can leave carts hitched there, but I haven't made a love path tile yet to get med up. There are two semi 'hidden' doors on the right/left of the cartports.

sEH6YeN.jpg

One of the cartport's semi-hidden doors leading to my non-public locked side area, which is mirrored on the other side.

RtmE75C.jpg

The inside of my non-public area...and showing where I'd like to hide cart ramps/stairs...(Where the two floors above/below are missing)

utzFQ6j.jpg

The opposite mirrored side. Showing the other non-public space.

ZYezA9A.jpg

From inside the other non public access spot. Where I'd like to build another ramp. Floors missing again.

...but since I build in redundancies I could probably get away with just one side being a ramp. (Or if it only uses a single tile, I could maybe rip one floor out on both sides, and possibly use that. I'm not sure how they are going to function though. Like, is it going to give it a landing up there...or go up, and require a second tile like the staircases supposedly do?)

Or, even better, if it was some kind of half tile ramp, maybe I could squeeze the carts/wagons in between the wall to still be able to access down here...I'm more about 'functionality' rather than 'looking good' usually though.

I get that the devs over here seem to be kinda focusing on some 'realistic' features...so I can see why they wouldn't want to have us doing stuff like squeezing a cart through a spot that looks like it shouldn't fit it though...

I guess planning-wise, I kinda need to know more of what you folks would do with one, before I could really decide how it would 'fit' into my building...

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" u.u

+1

Tho i think it'd need to be like two tiles long, Since going up a 45 degree angle on a cart would look pretty silly in my opinion.

Actually, given the side length of a tile is 400cm, and a modern house which Wurm houses look like have a ceiling height of about 240cm, utilizing the whole tile, the angle would be about 28 degrees instead, and the ramp length about 466cm. Roughly. Or uh, is it actually known what "1 dirt" in height is supposed to be in cm? We need cm to dirt formulae ;)

I like the idea of ramps, but for all intents and purposes, I wouldn't mind if we could drive up staircases. Though it feels a bit like somebody had a great idea (stairs), made it, but didn't leave the whole idea/feature in the oven long enough and then afterwards is like "we could've added ramps, too".

18 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

the cheek!, next we'll be wanting the roofs to stop rain and our walls to stop fog

:lol: Indeed!

• Like 2

I currently find myself in desperate need of this integration.

bump