Sign in to follow this  
Zetuka

Sleep Timer

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a specific reason to have a timer before being able to sleep on PvE server.

I know it happens when we just get out of a fight but it is pretty annoying. 

Sometimes i want to log off quickly and still enjoy the sleep bonus but i have to wait 3 min...

g6sw.png

To stop players from logging their character off from in the middle of a fight.  PvE isn't Peaceful Exixtence guaranteed, even if the combat isn't against other players.

Though you as a player might not have any desire to abuse a 'quick logoff' that way, there might be others that would.

Added note:

There is no delay timer if you log off by sleeping in a bed on your deed.  It logs you off instantly.  That, i believe, still doesn't counter the wait time from being in combat, though, as I understand it.

Edited by Tristanc

Problem is that if you just killed a mob and go to sleep in your deed, you will still have a timer as you recently went off a fight.

For example if you kill a wolf on your doorstep and want to log off right after you will still get the timer from what i understand.

Because PvP pre-dates PvE in Wurm by many years, so I would assume it is a left-over mechanic and would be difficult to separate I would think.

• Like 1