Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

It's not a bug, they put in jumping no one wanted.

Are you against "Deed it or lose it?" - If so, you have no friend here. Too many people build utter rubbish, making the game look like junk, just to find something else shiny and interesting and move on. 

You also have the freedom to not ring your deed with long houses. Just use simple logic when it comes to physics and you'll be absolutely fine. Is it really that hard? Do you get mad when a bird craps on your car when you're the one who parked it under a tree? Most people do, actually, which is just rather sad.

Unfortunately, there are good points all tied up in this rubbish about "bugs" which are really "improvements". Issues pertaining to deed security settings which should be addressed, but are less likely to be noticed since they're wrapped in textual blankets of griping and moaning.

We bought our deed a year and a half before we had to tear it down and rebuild it because those physics were not there. Making a deed that doesn't look like rubbish takes work. A lot of it.

EDIT: I have just spent 16 hours the past 2 days just looking at the roads and slopes.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

This probly would've been fine with everybody if there was a heads-up...

Isn't that why we have 400 million public relation officers for.

See, I don't see anyone loving the new cliff bouncing mentioning they aren't taking fall damage like they should. When you jump off a 300 dirt tall cliff into a balcony, you should leave your corpse there, not get a scratch. I bet you change your minds when you end up dead inside all these places.

• Like 1

It use to be all in the landing...

Gotta line it up so you don't end up crossing a border on the touchdown.

Ah the days of BASE jumping in Goldv1 Wild... so many good spots.

Flying and jumping will negate most deed defense mechanisms.  I believe the day Rolf adds these to the game will be the first day of the end of Wurm. 

Why not just change the name to Grief and Loot Online?  Because that is what it will be.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, not a word from Rolf.

Where's that gentle subservience and those eager-for-approval puppy eyes we saw when Elevation was reset?

• Like 1

Sounds awesome. Ever moving forward from the 2D plane.

Honestly I must be lucky because I have not experienced the type of inconveniences you all are describing. I'm also admittedly pretty naive and like to assume the good in everyone and situations. I certainly don't mean to downplay the ramifications of how it affects players. Sometimes things have to change in order to achieve a greater goal. And it might take time to adapt to that or implement further enhancements. 

Please don't take this the wrong way, as it is not intended to be rude or insulting, rather merely an obervation which you may find helpful, but such tones and context can be difficult to properly convey in text-based communication.

If you are truly as "naive" as you put it in regards to certain game functions, as well as the way many players of WURM operate and take advantage of those functions, then I would suggest that either 1) a position in public relations with this game is probably not the right fit for you, or 2) you have a lot of learning to do in a hurry.

Bridges are admittedly a monumental addition to the game. Can't we accept a bit of restructuring to accommodate them? I think we all would like to see the game succeed and improve. Often there are growing pains along the way.

Please see point #1 above.  Minimalization and dismissal of customers' concerns really makes for a poor PR effort.

• Like 1

Sounds awesome. Ever moving forward from the 2D plane.

You just bounce in 2D. All they did was remove an infinite upward collision. It's nothing an inch closer to 3D. It's a wall without an invisible barrier.

I see no problem with this. Its now more realistic, and will have people build with more detail as to how to keep people out of their deed.

Or we can, I dont know, stop changing stuff all the time when it comes to security issues.

It shouldnt be a constant challenge to keep people off / out of tiles I purchase, house, fence etc.

I should not have to build how you build just because you can't fix problems and keep creating new ones.  Let's see.  Horses can't stay in fences so oh yes.  Build more than one fence and more than one type because it won't always be the same type that lets them go.  Now we have to build several tiles into our deeded tiles because otherwise people can bounce in.  So lets pay for 10 tiles that are useless to build on because noone can get their right.

just build walls on the hills where people can fall off and land on your deed...?

As far back as 2010 we were using gliding to fly over cliffsides to the water for 0 damage after climbing as high as possible to survey, so this is not a new feature.  Now with infinite height gone from walls and fences, gliding also needs to go, it would take rows of fences on tiles above to protect deeds below cliffs, 1 row would work only if there was only 1 unwalkable tile above.

You just bounce in 2D. All they did was remove an infinite upward collision. It's nothing an inch closer to 3D. It's a wall without an invisible barrier.

Metaphor