Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

It's not a bug, they put in jumping no one wanted.

I never realized it was such an issue to keep people out of your deed. I have locked gates and doors and proper deed permissions set. Otherwise I welcome travel through my deeds to get to and from places in the vicinity. So annoying when a deed is set up like Fort Knox for no reason and you have to go waaaay around just to travel in the area. Purely from PvE experience of course.  :)

• Like 5

if players can now get over walls.whot do you surgest to players who keep aggro mobs on deed to protect them from grevers.

• Like 1

I have a 127x127 Deed on Epic(Serenity), been there over a year. I have a large deed on Xanadu, and a large deed on Elevation. Both been there since the day that map was reset/opened.  My deeds are built, i have hundreds of thousands of bricks in them. Yet I look at this as a chance to remodel, a chance to make my deed even more secure!

And, I like everyone else wanted to have bridges in the game. We all knew bridges was going to bring a new physics system into the game. This is part of the changes caused by bridges. Its not something they could have "opted out" of doing. We wanted ways to ride our carts, horses, wagons from one level to another in our house. To do that the new physics had to be attached to those blocks. Thats why Roofs are not affected. Because we don't walk on top of roofs, or have any form of bridge attached to it.

Its great you want to remodel your deed but I happen to like mine the way it is. I had no clue they would be adding new physics into the game that would allow people to cross your fence but then again i do not live in the forums. I would think any kind of deed security related change should be in big nice bright red letters warning people weeks in advance on the launcher..

I never realized it was such an issue to keep people out of your deed. I have locked gates and doors and proper deed permissions set. Otherwise I welcome travel through my deeds to get to and from places in the vicinity. So annoying when a deed is set up like Fort Knox for no reason and you have to go waaaay around just to travel in the area. Purely from PvE experience of course.  :)

I have locked doors,gates and permissions set but it doesn't matter because if someone  can "fall" into your animal pen they can kill every last one of them. If someone can do something in this game then there is someone who will do it. Not only will they do it they will then proceed to bury all your animals and then call a GM to come get them out because they fell off the side by "accident".

It's really cute that the Web Administrator and Public Relations Assistant have no clue about how buggy the Wurm settings are, but let's be serious for a second:
If someone can get into your place there is always a way for them to screw you over, regardless of how much you try to keep everything locked up. Some abusable features are so bad I simply refuse to put them on the forums since I know they're more likely to become abused than they are of being fixed.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 5

And, I like everyone else wanted to have bridges in the game. We all knew bridges was going to bring a new physics system into the game. This is part of the changes caused by bridges. Its not something they could have "opted out" of doing. We wanted ways to ride our carts, horses, wagons from one level to another in our house. To do that the new physics had to be attached to those blocks. Thats why Roofs are not affected. Because we don't walk on top of roofs, or have any form of bridge attached to it.

Well glad you enlightened us!!  Now! 

We knew no bridges near houses or above fences from testing.  More on this as I address:

What rock have YOU been hiding under, PR?

In NORMAL circumstances we have the likes of, to quote a very visible example, Bruhamoff who'll jump on one's slightest gap in security.

In ... well... sorta normal cirumstances... like a new patch, even the tightest deed may or may not get cracked wide open, like say, if bridges are released and they bork house permissions, bash permissions to the point of making them PvP, vehicle permissions, deed permissions, and for some reason killed sea life.

So far what have known thieves and griefers gotten?  

THE OPPORTUNITY TO KEEP ON POSTING WTS THREADS, PROTECTED FROM THE DISDAIN THE COMMUNITY SHOWERED UPON THEM BECAUSE SUDDENLY WE WERE THE ONES "HARRASSING", AND IN A COUPLE OF CASES WE EVEN HAVE THEM BEING GIVEN STAFF POSITIONS.

Why do people keep their deeds like Fort Knox?  I'll tell you why people keep their deeds like Fort Knox.  Because not only we can't trust people since there are those who'll do PvP while hiding behind PvE rules so that they can hide behind their monitors to be douchebags with people's real money expenditures, but we also can't trust staff to purge the game of those elements and it's pretty much impossible to not assume that at least some CA's/GM's support them.

That's when we're not being told directly by Rolf that we're pretty much on our own when other players and/or bugs go wrong.

We're paying customers, stop dismissing our goddamn concerns offhandedly already. 

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 6

I don't like it much when people have the ability to fall themselves into my hellhorse pens. Permissions or no permissions, these creatures are aggressive so all someone has to do is just fall in and wait to get attacked to ruin months of breeding work. No, I'm not going to re-build hundreds of hours of work because of an oversight... or intended change that basically just completely wrecked my deeds security. Yes, my deed is built right against a mountain and with tall slopes and dirtwalls, because I like how it looks.

Now what?

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 9

I don't like it much when people have the ability to fall themselves into my hellhorse pens. Permissions or no permissions, these creatures are aggressive so all someone has to do is just fall in and wait to get attacked to ruin months of breeding work. No, I'm not going to re-build hundreds of hours of work because of an oversight... or intended change that basically just completely wrecked my deeds security. Yes, my deed is built right against a mountain and with tall slopes and dirtwalls, because I like how it looks.

Now what?

"Shut up and deal with it"

Pretty much it, :/

this kinda seems like an unintentional bug that came with bridges, and instead of knowing how to fix it they're just like, "yeah... intended, new feature."  *hope no one cares*

this kinda seems like an unintentional bug that came with bridges, and instead of knowing how to fix it they're just like, "yeah... intended, new feature."  *hope no one cares*

Oh I bet they knew about it all along, it's why they tried to push for the climbing and flying at the same time they started working on bridges. They knew they'd have a hard time fixing the collision issues so they checked the waters for fence climbing and when the playerbase at large said "no" they put it on ice until they thought people would've forgotten about it.

I'm sure they've tried to solve the issue,but I'm also sure they knew it was still there on launch.

• Like 2

Honestly I must be lucky because I have not experienced the type of inconveniences you all are describing. I'm also admittedly pretty naive and like to assume the good in everyone and situations. I certainly don't mean to downplay the ramifications of how it affects players. Sometimes things have to change in order to achieve a greater goal. And it might take time to adapt to that or implement further enhancements. 

Bridges are admittedly a monumental addition to the game. Can't we accept a bit of restructuring to accommodate them? I think we all would like to see the game succeed and improve. Often there are growing pains along the way.

its a fact that bugs with permissions happen all the time in wurm, and this just makes it impossible for people to protect against those.

and if thats not bad enough the devs are supposed to be working now on a new permissions system that will change the way permissions work almost entirely, im sure that will come out with 0 bugs.

1, know your heights, remember if a person falls from too high up... They are dead. So in matter of speaking, you are now given free loot from the heavens!

2, don’t build RIGHT UP on the mountain/hill. Leave a couple of tiles (depending on the slope of the hill/mountain) so they can’t just fall into your deed.

3. If option 2 is not possible. Instead of building walls, build long houses on that side of the deed. You then can build the long house taller, so if someone tries to "jump" (fall) into your deed. Instead of getting inside, they will smack their face against your long house wall AND still have a chance of dying, thus giving you yet again MORE free loot!

1 maybe you are allow to block acces to other peoples corpses so you can loot them because you work for codeclub,the rest of us would get a warning.

2 one of the wonderfull features about wurm you should know abut is that you can always raise the terrain as much as you want

3 is not posible to build houses right next to other houses.

if you have no clue how wurm works dont pretend you do.

Edited by Brynden
  • Like 4

This change is not a bad one, we just now have to be more cautious about how we build!

My sh_t is built. I don't want to re-build, I have enough to do.

• Like 2

In ... well... sorta normal cirumstances... like a new patch, even the tightest deed may or may not get cracked wide open, like say, if bridges are released and they bork house permissions, bash permissions to the point of making them PvP, vehicle permissions, deed permissions, and for some reason killed sea life.

You forgot guards/templars not being able to go through doors/gates.

Edited by LorraineJ

its a fact that bugs with permissions happen all the time in wurm, and this just makes it impossible for people to protect against those.

and if thats not bad enough the devs are supposed to be working now on a new permissions system that will change the way permissions work almost entirely, im sure that will come out with 0 bugs.

1 maybe you are allow to block acces to other peoples corpses so you can loot them because you work for codeclub,the rest of us would get a warning.

2 one of the wonderfull features about wurm you should know abut is that you can always raise the terrain as much as you want

3 is not posible to build houses right next to other houses.

if you have no clue how wurm works dont pretend you do.

... Or build houses on slopes at that.... 

And if I wanted to build ugly-assed uber-fortified deeds for the sake of defendability i'd be on PvP servers, or one of the many other wurm-like new games that focus less on the actual deedbuilding aspect and more on the pvp side of things....... or a first person shooter..... or starcraft II...... or one of GTA's many incarnations...... 

So where's that supposed bugfix for fences Rolf mentioned in the "Warning" (aka the jumping and flying feedback thread?)

Someone "falls" into my enclosures, they have the means to get out (karma, suicide, meditation teleport).  My hell horses get a solitary scratch, I ain't giving the tools back.  I ain't expanding 7 tiles out to keep my perimeter far enough from my horse pens, like %!"#$% i'm paying to solve a bug or ninja feature and sure as hell ain't redoing 100 grass enchants.

Any GM comes telling me to let some clown who let himself in out and starts singing rules to me, I'll look up and start singing Sweden's laws on unethical business practices.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 7

And I expect GMs not to help people losing stuff on others deeds.

When I accidentally parked an unbranded horse on someones abandoned (but still existing) deed some year ago all I got from the GMs was: "Cant help you"...

Why do people keep their deeds like Fort Knox?  I'll tell you why people keep their deeds like Fort Knox.  Because not only we can't trust people since there are those who'll do PvP while hiding behind PvE rules so that they can hide behind their monitors to be douchebags with people's real money expenditures, but we also can't trust staff to purge the game of those elements and it's pretty much impossible to not assume that at least some CA's/GM's support them.

That's when we're not being told directly by Rolf that we're pretty much on our own when other players and/or bugs go wrong.

We're paying customers, stop dismissing our goddamn concerns offhandedly already. 

To expand on this, they keep adding features, but refusing to think of the consequences. I personally built 2 50+ QL copper braziers to have out on my dock but they have NO PLANT option, so the only way to 'secure' them is to leave the 'pickup items' deed permission off, or build fences around them...which basically defeats the whole 'feel' I had going for them.

I also built a 62+ QL marble brazier and stuck it as the 'center-piece' in my 'donut' castle (Open courtyard, that I purposely allowed 2 of my foyers to be open to the public...and locked off/fenced off the arches to be able to have a lovely interior..)...which if I ever allow 'load/unload' options in permissions means someone can come along and steal it.

The server resets are breaking the 'plant' option on BSB's....

This is the type of poor permissions we are talking about. (This is only a few of the more recent holes I've noticed.)

I'm personally TRYING to build it so people can travel through my deed/do their own thing/but have my own little 'locked away' areas, but they aren't making it 'easy' on us, so I just leave all settings locked down tight for now...and don't mess with the permissions at all. (I haven't even taken a villager in because I'm afraid of them asking for permissions that'll leave me 'open' to being stolen from.)

I could easily recruit up some noobs and get them into the game/help them out...but instead I'm basically being forced to play this MMO solo.

• Like 2

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If it's broke don't fix it.

If it's fixed, break it.

Wurm-2k15

• Like 3

The tears because you guys no longer have magic barrier walls. You ask for bridges you get bridges. With bridges comes rework of the physics system. With that if you want bridge over stuff that magic wall that went up has to go bye bye.

Get over it and adapt. This game is headed in the right direction all around.

Oh. Permissions make sure your permissions are right. Get an official staff ruling on obvious deaths of people falling in. Seek out getting aggressive added to permissions system so people can't attack your aggros no matter what. I'm not the most diplomatic person but seriously this was a solid step in the correct direction. News flash. Wurm just crossed ever more into the realm of a 3d world...

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 2

Some abusable features are so bad I simply refuse to put them on the forums since I know they're more likely to become abused than they are of being fixed.

???

I've only seen the opposite of this; Ant posted how he steals things from deeds, not too long later:

• Vehicle permissions fix and ondeed stealing

they refuse to split the PvE/PvP appropriately and basically run a 'We want you to fight, because that brings you to the drama that eggs you on to coming over to the PvP we want this game to be!' mentality..

Lovely conspiracy theory you've got there, but the only reason this happened is because it was necessary in order to get bridges to function properly. And if you recall, PvE were the ones screeching about bridges for the last year and a half. Not saying this was handled perfectly by Code Club, but please take your misguided anger at PvP elsewhere.

Oh. Permissions make sure your permissions are right. Get an official staff ruling on obvious deaths of people falling in. Seek out getting aggressive added to permissions system so people can't attack your aggros no matter what. I'm not the most diplomatic person but seriously this was a solid step in the correct direction. News flash. Wurm just crossed ever more into the realm of a 3d world...

Like that helped last week when permissions were borked.

Obvious troll or idiot?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If it's broke don't fix it.

If it's fixed, break it.

Wurm-2k15

It would be funny if it weren't true.

Edited by Hula_Girl

Did they fix the bug I reported some 4 years ago that allows you with a bit of know how to plainly overrun deed settings when it comes to taking or killing non agros (such as horses) ? Id imagine now is the time seeing as I can still do it.

The answer then was "just lock your gates and you're fine" instead of actually fixing it but I think it should be looked at now that locked gates are no longer sufficient. Any interested dev may pm me and I can re-explain it because for obvious reasons I won't post it here...

Edited by Alyeska