Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

It's not a bug, they put in jumping no one wanted.

•The new collision system may have made some old inaccessible areas accessible depending on how your deed is set up when it comes to walls and structures. You may consider restructuring your deed in order to prevent such access. Proper roofs still collide endlessly upwards which means these can be used to prevent access from above. 

Do you ever listen to feedback? Why word it like this? Why not just say "You can now jump over walls into roofless houses."

• Like 3

I am not seeing any issues with this on pve anyway you are still protected with writ and deed protections.

• Like 1

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. After following the recent string of "Exploits exploited," I would tend toward maybe you aren't.

• Like 1

Okay let's not take "feedback" too far now. Not everything they do has to revolve around player opinions, the only problem here is that the dev team seems to be incapable of making the right decisions most of the times (incapable or simply lazy? who knows). This is probably some form of engine limitation though.

Okay let's not take "feedback" too far now. Not everything they do has to revolve around player opinions, 

• Like 4

Interesting, considering wurm's very existence revolves around player payments............................................................................................................................... hmmmm

Month or two we'll have flying, prepare :)

• Like 1

I'm just sitting here wondering what GM's will do.

"I fell off this cliff into someones elses deed"

"I dont have access to get out"

Now that person claims that the deed owner locked them up in the deed which is griefing/against the rules. But GMs don't TP ppl out. Do those ppl have to wait for the (inactive?) deedowner to logon to let them out?

questions questions..

I see no problem with this. Its now more realistic, and will have people build with more detail as to how to keep people out of their deed.

• Like 2

I see no problem with this. Its now more realistic, and will have people build with more detail as to how to keep people out of their deed.

• Like 2

And it's against the rules to not have a way out.

Some of the things I have done in the past as a player that I can offer to you as a player. 1, know your heights, remember if a person falls from too high up... They are dead. So in matter of speaking, you are now given free loot from the heavens! 2, don’t build RIGHT UP on the mountain/hill. Leave a couple of tiles (depending on the slope of the hill/mountain) so they can’t just fall into your deed. And 3. If option 2 is not possible. Instead of building walls, build long houses on that side of the deed. You then can build the long house taller, so if someone tries to "jump" (fall) into your deed. Instead of getting inside, they will smack their face against your long house wall AND still have a chance of dying, thus giving you yet again MORE free loot!

This change is not a bad one, we just now have to be more cautious about how we build!

So let me leave you with this. When you have your deed nice and protected, you can sit back and enjoy watching "not so trustworthy" people slamming their face into your walls, and you getting the opportunity to laugh at them as they slide down your walls!

hitting-the-wall.jpg

Edited by DarylDarkfire
  • Like 6

I thought it was against the rules to deny someone access to their corpse (or is that only if you close it in with walls after the person has died, to be considered griefing?)

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

Sell it back to them on PlayerAuctions. LMAO

• Like 4

Falling due to gravity and 'bouncing' into a deed isn't 'jumping', but this does still pose problems...

With all the constant 'Oh, you're not protected, sorry, you can just tough it out and deal' stuff going on around here, because they refuse to split the PvE/PvP appropriately and basically run a 'We want you to fight, because that brings you to the drama that eggs you on to coming over to the PvP we want this game to be!' mentality..

It's pretty obvious to anyone who can count where the actual money in the game resides....and it's not a PvP FFA game...it's like the devs just want to stick their heads in the sand and cause more 'mayhem'...until their loyal playerbase gives up on them and leaves...

• Like 9

Clarified here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123861-collision-clarification/

But I still can't say I'm overly happy that someone can "fall" several tiles inside my deed that I walled off to keep them outside of. Fences turned to tall hedges on the slope areas as my masonry is not nearly high enough at 75 for tall walls... probably another thing overlooked in this. 

This is so funny. I see one guy saying there should be player input before stuff gets changed and everyone say nooooo. Now you all are saying there should be player input before there are changes and some of you are the same people who said no to the suggestion of player input. No wonder the devs ignore you all. You don't know what the he** you want.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 1

Some of the things I have done in the past as a player that I can offer to you as a player. 1, know your heights, remember if a person falls from too high up... They are dead. So in matter of speaking, you are now given free loot from the heavens! 2, don’t build RIGHT UP on the mountain/hill. Leave a couple of tiles (depending on the slope of the hill/mountain) so they can’t just fall into your deed. And 3. If option 2 is not possible. Instead of building walls, build long houses on that side of the deed. You then can build the long house taller, so if someone tries to "jump" (fall) into your deed. Instead of getting inside, they will smack their face against your long house wall AND still have a chance of dying, thus giving you yet again MORE free loot!

This change is not a bad one, we just now have to be more cautious about how we build!

So let me leave you with this. When you have your deed nice and protected, you can sit back and enjoy watching "not so trustworthy" people slamming their face into your walls, and you getting the opportunity to laugh at them as they slide down your walls!

hitting-the-wall.jpg

I guess this is all great advice for players who have not built a deed already but does not do squat for players with existing buildings/fences against slopes. Having me rebuild and spend hundreds of more hours digging down and surface mining so i can eliminate slopes(that i purposely wanted) around my existing deed to get the same protection as I used to have is not the answer.

• Like 6

This is so funny. I see one guy saying there should be player input before stuff gets changed and everyone say nooooo. Now you all are saying there should be player input before there are changes and some of you are the same people who said no to the suggestion of player input. No wonder the devs ignore you all. You don't know what the he** you want.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

They did give input. 22 pages of it. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93345-feedback-request-on-fence-stuff/

I guess this is all great advice for players who have not built a deed already but does not do squat for players with existing buildings/fences against slopes. Having me rebuild and spend hundreds of more hours digging down and surface mining so i can eliminate slopes(that i purposely wanted) around my existing deed to get the same protection as I used to have is not the answer.

I have a 127x127 Deed on Epic(Serenity), been there over a year. I have a large deed on Xanadu, and a large deed on Elevation. Both been there since the day that map was reset/opened.  My deeds are built, i have hundreds of thousands of bricks in them. Yet I look at this as a chance to remodel, a chance to make my deed even more secure!

And, I like everyone else wanted to have bridges in the game. We all knew bridges was going to bring a new physics system into the game. This is part of the changes caused by bridges. Its not something they could have "opted out" of doing. We wanted ways to ride our carts, horses, wagons from one level to another in our house. To do that the new physics had to be attached to those blocks. Thats why Roofs are not affected. Because we don't walk on top of roofs, or have any form of bridge attached to it.

• Like 4