Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Strange house planning bug

I am making a 1x1 4 story tower. I am on the 3rd story of the tower. The 4th wall on the third story says [08:30:07] Magical does not allow that.

I can plan other walls in other places. I can plan roofs, floors, build walls, knock down walls... It's obscure I can tell you. 

Either the server or the client has removed the other planned walls on that border! It's snowballing and lo and behold, I am not allowed to plan them back.

Edited by Audrel

Encountered the same issue several times, either with myself trying to plan/build structures for friends or listening to other peoples' stories.

At upper floors, random walls will not allow you to plan them if you are not a villager of that deed (sometimes an ally can plan them, some other times, an ally can not).

Walls on higher floors on top of that certain border will act the same, not allowing a non-villager to plan them.

After they are planned, anyone added to the writ, with building permissions and proper skills can build them.

Orientation of stubborn tile borders/forbidden-to-plan walls seems random, they were on either side of a tile (north, south, east, west), also they were on different part of the buildings, sometimes two adiacent walls, sometimes several tiles apart.

• Like 1

Sounds very much like this http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120375-build-permission-allows-some-2nd-storey-walls-to-be-planned-but-not-others/ and already in the bug list.  

There have been some changes made with houses lately so I'll try to find out if this may be getting worse or on it's way to getting better in most cases.

Audrel, are you a citizen of the deed where you are building the tower?

Can you tell me which direction the walls are facing that you cannot plan?  (eg. N, E, S, W)

Can you share what the server and deed name is?  (if you prefer not to do that publicly, send me a forum PM with the info).

It would be fantastic if this could be addressed.  I am really getting sick and tired of bugs stopping non mayor and non villager people from building and bashing on deeds I pay for.  They have full permissions to build, to plan, and to bash.  Why on earth it would be needed to have to hand your deed to your main alt, just so you can bash with mayor bonus (as the deed owner is a noob without 21 body strength),  while you actually own and pay for the deed, just to have to hand the deed back to a premium player later, to hold it for 24 hours, then hand it back to the original noob deed holder, is beyond me.  Note that if you want to hand the deed back to the original noobie deed holder, you now have to actually go ahead and spend 20 silver to premium the noob (if you buy in the shop to get sleeps as well, or 10 silver with no sleeps), since you can't hand the deed back to a non prem alt. This all seems a bit over the top, just because of two things that need to be looked at and changed:

1. Give people with bashing rights on your deed, the mayor bash bonus.  Seriously.  Even if they are just allies or people from deeds with full rights.  This also extends to building.  The noob deed holder cannot plan floors on the third floor as they have zero skills...so why this persistent bug with planning and continuing building by others who do have the right to do so?  It is frustrating beyond words.

2. Stop this nonsense of the whole wait 24 hour for change deeds and then having to be premium.  As far as I am concerned, it is unnecessary on PvE.

• Like 3

Thank you for the details, Fairyshine.  All I can promise is to get it reported and help test it as I'm not a dev and can't help fix it or change game mechanics.

• Like 2

@Audrel  We need some more info

- What message did you get when you tried to create the walls on that fourth floor?

- Is this on a deed or on the edge of a deed or not on a deed at all?

- What were your rights on the deed when you got the first error message 'Magical does not allow this.'?

- What message did you get when you tried to replan the walls after they were gone?

@Audrel  We need some more info

- What error message did you get when you tried to create the walls on that fourth floor?

- Is this on a deed or on the edge of a deed or not on a deed at all?

- What were your rights on the deed when you got the first error message 'Magical does not allow this.'?

[08:30:07] Magical does not allow that.

It is on a deed at the edge of the deed. The wall is on the border tile. EDIT: The 1x1 is fully on deed but the outside wall is on the border.

I have full rights on the deed, or as full as the permissions allow, to do anything but disband it.

I had built the walls in the other directions as well as all 4 walls on the ground floor. I was also able to build the floor openings to each floor. The error occurred on the 3rd floor. This also removed the plan from the 2nd floor.

EDIT: This was only the East wall on floors 2 and 3. I didn't even try floor 4. :-P

EDIT again: Oh, same message on replanning.

Edited by Audrel