Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Models for unfinished staircases

Models for unfinished staircases and ladders were added.

Enabled renaming of bridges by the planner.

Fixed dioptra and range pole QL so they restrict the length of bridge planning correctly.

Fixed so emoting bridges (and floors) now works.

New staircase added called Standalone, it does not have a floor above it.

• Like 11

wow, great, something unique for our creativity, thanks

Now is there anyway we can get staircases that are offset to the left/right putting them up against the wall? 

• Like 1

Standalone!!!!!

My god, I think I found back the inspiration to actually log in.

• Like 1

I'm trying to use the new staircases. They do look good but there is at least one annoying bug that I have encountered.

The staircase with an opening doesn't seem to count as a floor tile when calculating if there is support enough for other floor sections. See screenshot below. I had to add a floor plan on a tile in the middle of my house to be able to bash a hole in the floor above to make room for a staircase with opening. But, afterwards I cannot remove this plan because the game thinks it would make the house collapse, "[21:49:42] Removing that would cause a collapsing section.". If I add a floor plan in a similar spot where everything looks the same except there is no staircase on the tile next to it I am able to remove the plan.

I'm now stuck with this annoying floor plan that I do not want.

127.jpg

I build temporary wall plans all around the floor tile to support it - then chose destroy floor - then took out the wall plans. Maybe that will work for you 

wow, great, something unique for our creativity, thanks

I am very glad they added this one :)

How great the dev team was able to respond to player feedback and implement this standalone staircase to accommodate intended designs!

• Like 2

I build temporary wall plans all around the floor tile to support it - then chose destroy floor - then took out the wall plans. Maybe that will work for you 

ok, I'll try that if possible, thanks.

Getting ready to build a new house but first would like to know if you can go up and down stairs with lead animals, dragging carts and driving vehicles.

Sign in to follow this