Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Hell Horses hitched to Carts attack you now

Now that we sit on carts when driving, I get attacked by my hell horses.  Not all the time, but I can no longer drive my cart with a weapon equipped.  I've been driving a hell cart for many months prior to the update and never had an issue for driver or passengers until now.

Edited by Wurmhole

Has always happened to those who aren't a Fo priest with sufficient faith/favor, it's just random.

Aye one of the little quirks and downsides to using such (otherwise) powerful mounts.

You have been lucky; hell horses can - and will aggro you when riding them or commanding a cart/wagon with hell horses hitched, if they are not tamed/charmed or you are not a Fo priest (as Shadz already mentioned).

I have never had them attack me while driving a cart that they were hitched to. But riding them solo is a different story. Maybe I have just been lucky too?

Edited by Macadelic

I cannot reproduce this bug.  All of the hellcarts and hellwagons in alliance work fine.

• Like 1

Trust me, it isn't luck. Riding them or leading them, yes, expect attacks. Never while driving them hitched to a cart. Explain how they attack me while I am back on the cart and they are hitched? This is a bug.

Noiz, what server? Wonder if travel lag has anything to do with it? I am Xanadu.

I am on Xanadu.  Nobody else in the alliance has mentioned sass from their hellcarts, either.

Hell carts was a game back on cele "Hitch hell horses to cart" race friend from 1 side of forest and back who survived was winnah

I think I remember that hell horses used to attack you.

I suspect that when horse position was moved to in front of the cart, hell horses attacking you stopped happening.

But on the other hand I'm pretty sure that Hell horses are supposed to attack you. So it might of been bugged before and is working as intended now.

Welp, if it stays the way it is now, I'll be selling all my hells, or turning to leather.  They are little use to me if I can't take them out hunting, without stranding myself in the middle of nowhere.  Hopefully devs will agree that they are not intended to be attacking behind themselves while hitched and fix it.  Odd that it isn't happening to everyone.

Trust me, it isn't luck. Riding them or leading them, yes, expect attacks. Never while driving them hitched to a cart. Explain how they attack me while I am back on the cart and they are hitched? This is a bug.

"trust me" i rode all the way to freedom market and then some on my Fo priest, cast something n totally forgot about my favor, nearly died on the way home.

Had to move my hh cart around my deed, couldn't be bothered to log in the fo priest, got attacked regularly. It's not a bug

Edit: This is wurm, no need to explain why something all you have to say is "wogic" :P

Edited by Shadz

shads i would also like to say that trying to pass this as wogic when it could be a serious bug is unwurmful.

well, considering I've ridden my hell cart since they were babies, almost every day - many trips of several hours straight and never once attacked by my hitched hells while riding, then this starts up.  They would attach me regularly, once I disembark.  My horses are venerable now.  It has been about 8 months of trouble free riding.  I really suspect it has something to do with the new cart positioning. 

See this:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123855-hitched-cart-on-slopes-bug/

well, considering I've ridden my hell cart since they were babies, almost every day - many trips of several hours straight and never once attacked by my hitched hells while riding, then this starts up.  They would attach me regularly, once I disembark.  My horses are venerable now.  It has been about 8 months of trouble free riding.  I really suspect it has something to do with the new cart positioning. 

See this:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123855-hitched-cart-on-slopes-bug/

I've been attacked since long before wagons were implemented, so if it is a bug, it certainly isn't a new one. Sorry :/

This has been a thing for as long as you've been able to hitch hell horses and I've never seen any indication that they would've ever removed it. It's the same as with aggros attacking the horses you're riding - People will tell you that "it never happens" even though the people in my alliance lost so many horses while hunting on horseback that most of us started hunting in carts. You've most likely just been lucky enough to not have the problem before.

• Like 1

Almost everything said in this thread has been incorrect.  Mechanics get tweaked all the time, and not always with patch notes; hell horses have played nice when hitched to carts for a while, now.  They used to attack you, sure, but for some time they have gone docile and ignored the vehicle's commander & passengers when hitched.

I still haven't been able to reproduce this bug with any hellcart or hellwagon in the alliance, even when travelling cross-country in a cart for hours, or standing still in one and crafting all day.

Wurmhole:  Have you tried it with different characters, different carts, different hell horses?  If they are all venerable, there might be some new function of age that makes them bellicose when they get too old.  If I can get ahold of you ingame, I'll spitball any ideas that occur to me.

• Like 1

Or you've just gotten lucky not having it happen to you during the time you assumed that it had been changed during. There are no patchnotes to agree with either side so at the moment they're Schrödinger's horses.

I suspect many stopped hitching hells if they were so much trouble previously, so maybe not a lot of folks have them hitched these days.  Most of the people I talked to, talk about "way back when", they rode a cart and were attacked, but not recent months.  However, today I was on my cart for about 2 hours straight, which goes far past the normal hell friendly zone and was never attacked, unless I hopped off the cart.

It is entirely possible there was something buggy with me yesterday, since Noiz and his allies report zero cases of it.

I'll just be watching for official responses as to how this is supposed to work and keeping my sword in my backpack for now, to be safe.  I strongly urge any others out there to stay disarmed as well, to be safe.

Thanks all for your feedback!!