Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Postfixes

• You should now take normal falling damage again
  • Fix for creatures not pathing properly through doors etc
  • Fix for logging on to wrong floor level
  • New fix for drowning creatures
  • Creatures will now try to hunt between floor levels in a fairly basic way, using openings and stairs. Spirit guards will teleport more often.
  • The new collision system may have made some old inaccessible areas accessible depending on how your deed is set up when it comes to walls and structures. You may consider restructuring your deed in order to prevent such access. Proper roofs still collide endlessly upwards which means these can be used to prevent access from above.
  • Like 4

when do we get a fix for doors not opening bordering a bridge?

Are there any hints what to look for on the changed access due to the new collisions?

• Like 3

The patch notes indicate that maybe you can fall off a steep slope and in over a wall or fence since they are only blocking up to their actual height now. 

•The new collision system may have made some old inaccessible areas accessible depending on how your deed is set up when it comes to walls and structures. You may consider restructuring your deed in order to prevent such access. Proper roofs still collide endlessly upwards which means these can be used to prevent access from above.

Not sure how I feel about this while I agree it adds to the gameplay, I just can't see the benefit of allowing people to jump over fences other than for greifing only or getting stuck.

I can potentially see more GM calls for stuck people.

Edited by MetalDragon

•The new collision system may have made some old inaccessible areas accessible depending on how your deed is set up when it comes to walls and structures. You may consider restructuring your deed in order to prevent such access. Proper roofs still collide endlessly upwards which means these can be used to prevent access from above.

Not sure how I feel about this while I agree it adds to the gameplay, I just can't see the benefit of allowing people to jump over fences other than for greifing only or getting stuck.

I can potentially see for GM calls for stuck people.

• Like 3

Yeah a bit difficult to restructure when we don't know what might need restructuring.

• Like 2

Just tested, alt ran off a high 'cliff' and managed to go right over a stone fence, same goes for houses without a roof.

Edited by Shadz

Just tested, alt ran off a high 'cliff' and managed to go right over a stone fence, same goes for houses without a roof.

If we could push a small cart then jump on it, I could see countless hours of fun, although potentially deadly, races at the next Impalong.   :D

• Like 1

With that new collision system, imagine a 1x1 tile, 100+ dirt steep pit. Now imagine 4 small walls boxing off that tile at the bottom of said pit and a poor player running over the pit by accident, flying over the small walls and being stuck in the 1x1 tile, walled in.

You're gonna get a ton of GM calls from incidents like that I'd imagine..

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

Managed to fall/run 7+ tiles, not even a 300 slope....

/supports of 'someone stole my ___ because devs didn't give enough detail on how to secure my things after a rushed buggy update" incoming?

Seriously?  You've introduced a new feature, identified that there might be an issue regarding people losing their stuff (which always seems to put folks off a game, wierdly enough), told the community at large that there's a possible issue...and given zero advice as to how to prevent said issue?!?  I get that you guys apparently struggle with detail in release notes, but that's a new low.

• Like 4

• The new collision system may have made some old inaccessible areas accessible depending on how your deed is set up when it comes to walls and structures. You may consider restructuring your deed in order to prevent such access. Proper roofs still collide endlessly upwards which means these can be used to prevent access from above.

Would have been nice to have a little notice before you introduced such a change - it's not as if a deed can be instantly restructure to prevent such access.

More to the point, other than buildings, with roofs, is there any other method of blocking access to jumpers???

• Like 2

Not to mention you cant put roofs on the tall walls between longhouses

Edited by MrGARY

The patch notes indicate that maybe you can fall off a steep slope and in over a wall or fence since they are only blocking up to their actual height now. 

WHAT!?!

What's going to stop people from carting in several hundred dirt, flatraising a pillar and jumping over your walls now?

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 2

I just spent countless hours already 'restructuring' my deed the past month, and now this crap goes live, with zero notification. Nice.

It's now my busiest time of year, where I'll have less than an hour a day to play for the next few months.

But sure. I'll get right on that 'restructuring'. Thanks for the ex-post-facto notification.

• Like 2

Wasnt there talk about the ability to jump over walls and flying? I dont remember how long ago but i remember Rolf mentioning this. 

• Like 2

You guys suck. Tell us to secure our stuff and meanwhile you're back there cutting holes in the code big enough to let a bus load of exploits through? WTF.

edit: how about a change to perimeter to prevent terraforming to gain entrance into the deed proper?

Edited by Leroy
  • Like 2

It'd probably be easier to remove this collision feature. I can think of a dozen ways it could be exploited and altering deeds to facilitate for this change would probably require a ton of work and having to think of every possible loophole. 

It'd probably be easier to remove this collision feature. I can think of a dozen ways it could be exploited and altering deeds to facilitate for this change would probably require a ton of work and having to think of every possible loophole. 

So its totally useful to jump into a deed where your practically locked in and bombarded by guards and templars(if your on pvp) and on pve your locked in harder then a set of fantastic locks and 99ql walls* with no gear

Edited by akaedis

Wasnt there talk about the ability to jump over walls and flying? I dont remember how long ago but i remember Rolf mentioning this. 

That was back when enclosures went away. I also remember people (rightfully) wanting to crucify him if anything that retarded went live.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Goddammit....

"Deed it AND lose it" again?

Edit: anyone jumps into one of my enclosures, they can let themselves out I won't be unlocking anything.

If they can't karma out, they can suicide then go mine source until they can jump back in and karma their stuff out.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 2

At the very least we indeed need no-terraforming and no-dirtdropping in perimiter now, with this in. And even then... if not even 300 slope gets you flying across 7 or so tiles, we would also all need to buy extra perimiter... (and those deeds against mountains, well... no help possible there as far as I can see). Also: putting this in *before* finishing the better permissions, in the hope that those do protect your deed better? :(

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this