Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

PLEASE make the distance longer to take items

Ok,

So it has always been a problem to unload ships.  Considering this, I think it would be a good idea that the distance from the ship was lengthened so that it was easier to load and unload a ship.  Also to make the cart or items visible from a longer distance while on your boat. Not too crazy long but enough that you don't have to park your cart in the water and your boat on the dock.  Also make it so you can access your ship hold from anywhere near your ship, not just one or 2 spots. If you are close enough to get an examine menu then you should be close enough to access it.

:)

Edited by Lolabelle
  • Like 15

Title seems misleading to me.

+1 to the actual topic of being able to load crates from any position in the boat if you can examine them.

Though as I said the topic was misleading. I thought you wanted like a 3 tiles range to grab any items from and i'd think that would encourage theft and also be a stupid thing for pvp servers.

• Like 1

This would make leading animals, easier as well. I also find it strange i can put items into my knarr on the opposite side of the commanders hole :3, but can't remove them from the same spot..

+1, particularly to cogs and caravels. Corbitas as well as knarrs don't have this problem at all, but some extra distance wouldn't hurt.

Edited by williamwierd

Before the ships were updated, the access-range was alot larger on the Knarrs, for sure.

Now you have to be at the stern and fairly close to it.

so

+1

Aye problem use to be mostly relegated to only one ship, now its on most of them.

• Like 1

+1 - Now it is a real hassle especially when seated in cart - to access most things you have to be right on top of them.

For the big ships yes. For everything else no.

Big +1 it is a pain now to access knarr inventory

+1 especially considering people riding on boats cant even reach it to open the inventory. Stupid af

• Like 1

Good suggestion. Even 2 tiles away from the object would be helpful. I am thinking of mine doors here to adjust settings. Also even carts to access contents.

=Ayes=

Bump Again.  Please help keep this on top so Devs will see it.

+1

Anyone who has had to load a cog from a beach will agree.

It should have been implemented since day one of crates being implemented.

+100.

Both when i used a corbita and sailboats i always have such an issue finding that sweetspot where it finally lets you open inventory. I often have to get in as commander before the option shows up.

It looks like this change was *snuck* in very recently for some functions. As an example, I can now adjust the settings on a mine door from 2 tiles away, so it will remain closed and not vanish like previously.

=Ayes=