Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

flattening out cave ceiling

now that we can level and flatten cave floors why not allow us to flatten/level cave ceilings as well?

• Like 5

why not be able to flatten/surfacing?

• Like 1

although not particularly urgent, it gets a

+1

from me.

You already can. Flatten the floor, then mine the ceiling to it's max at every corner.

• Like 2

the ceiling max isnt always the same on every corner.  Specially if it's close to ground.

^^ exactly why i hope to be able to get something like this some day as mine to max means often rather large passageways and i rather keep them around the normal height they tend to be at except made perfectly flat >.>

You already can. Flatten the floor, then mine the ceiling to it's max at every corner.

It's cosmetic. Mines are 2D. A flat ceiling is no different than a bumpy one other than the illusion of it on your screen.

• Like 1

It's cosmetic. Mines are 2D. A flat ceiling is no different than a bumpy one other than the illusion of it on your screen.

Of course it's cosmetic. No one walks on the ceiling. :)

• Like 1

would be nice, mining ceiling to max isn't really a viable option because not everyone wants ceilings tall enough they think they're in a church

+1

90% of what we do is done for how it looks, so yep, let's make a good cosmetic option. I urge people NOT to mine their ceilings to max height, unless you have a very specific reason for it. Rolf has talked about 3d mines and it would suck to ruin your future potential.

Would like to revive this topic.  Not asking for anything earthshattering (no pun intended) or game breaking.  Just the ability to look at a ceiling tile and see "Cave ceiling (flat)" would be perfect.  The code is already written for the floors, wouldn't think it'd be too hard to add for the ceilings.

Changing mine_forward to mine a flat surface would be a good start. There is already a bumpy texture applied so we don't need random slope changes to screw up floors which also messes up ceilings.

Once that is fixed having reinforced floors also reinforce and flatten the ceiling texture would be nice.

+1, and doesn't sound particularly hard to code (i think).

+1, because why not? With no borders in mines, this would help aesthetics a lot, and I don't see any issues that would arise.

• Like 1