Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Please Let Us Vote On New Models

When it came time for new horse models the community was given a voice in the matter. We were shown a group of different horses and we, as a community, decided upon which horse type to be used in the game. This was a very practical method that left the vast majority pleased, or at least not considering jumping off a cliff. 

Now we have the new ship models. It would seem just the opposite of the new horse models has happened. Here, the vast majority is very displeased with what has been given. The reason for the complete difference in results is plain for all to see. In the first instance the community was given a voice in what they would see and use in their day to day WURMian lives. In the second instance no choice nor voice in the matter was offered. The new ship models were simply placed in the game, like it or not. 

Would it be so difficult to give us a voice in what we are to see in game every day as was done with the new horse models? Thus the proposal. 

Offer the WURM community a voice in the matter of new models entered into the game while realizing the talents of the model makers as the limiting factor. This would produce the positive results of the horse models and avoid the negative results of the ship models.

All hail Sarcaticous. Hail. 

In the case of the ship models, I would have liked to have seen the ships that were already built prior to the update keep the old model, and any ships built following the update to have the new boat model.

• Like 2

I don't get it.

For the last few years so many people have been begging and waiting impatiently for the new boat models and now all of a sudden everyone hates them

The hell is the deal with that lol

I don't get it.

For the last few years so many people have been begging and waiting impatiently for the new boat models and now all of a sudden everyone hates them

im kind of realised i miss my apple wood "Plague"

I really liked the older models myself, if the new ships looked like older models, but didn't have sails to block view (for pvp purposes), i would have no problem with the previous ships. kinda liked them more.

This really has nothing to do with the old models. It has everything to do with allowing us to have a say in what any new models look like. Just like we had with the new horses. 

i feel their is some things the community simply shouldn't have a voice on. Specially around how things look. 

Horses are well, horses. Nothing much changed about them except a texture. Boat models on the other hand, They honestly were pretty much remade entirely. And im glad they were, using boats now is no longer blinding or sitting inside a pole. If we were stuck with the old models, id honestly become furious about it & put up a argument as to why they were using old, rage inducing models over these new ones that aren't half bad.

Point is, Remaking of models & decisions as such should be left to the team and team only. Retexturing on the other hand, I wouldn't mind if multiple samples were given and choices to be picked. Textures change nothing except ones artistic view of something. Model changes, well change a lot and should be kept out of our reach in regards to decisions. 

i think devs may take complaints about changes more seriously if people didnt complain about every single thing they ever change.

I gotta say no to this its their game and their vision.

• Like 1

Democracy is a thing where 2 idiots outvote genius :P so running around and asking everyone for their opinion isnt very good idea... But since we are here i like the new models for rowboat, sailboat and knarr, corbita, cog and caravel looks kinda ugly to me and i think something better could have been made. Issue with wood type has nothing to do with new models and that's something that could be aplied to them in distant future, for now things are like this and i'm just happy that this wonderful game exists.

We should vote on the voting.

• Like 2

. . . for now things are like this and i'm just happy that this wonderful game exists.

This is the type of thinking that feeds half-measures and poor implementation of new features in the game. I'm glad this game exists but I'm not willing to accept just anything that's introduced without any qualms whatsoever. I understand the dev team is limited on resources but I know they're capable of producing higher quality models than the ones for the new boats. I don't want the old models back, I just want the models we currently have to be fixed by the current art team.

• Like 1

I don't get it.

Notice how the promo screenshots were always taken by something flying far.. far away.  As for the knarr's sail I griped every time those pictures showed up.

+1

I want to see the old boats back. The new boats look so cheesy in comparison to me.

• Like 1

I don't get it.