Sign in to follow this  
Bulkfarmer

Make Wurm Free To Play

Make Wurm Free To Play

I believe if you made it free to play more people would play and you could still make money off Land Deeds.

• Like 2

no, cause it is easy to earn silvers, buy deed, then drop trader to pay the deeds. except on pvp.

and we could all have stronger alts to fuk things up

The developers of this game earn a steady income. And 8€ a month isn't that much. I'd agree with reducing it to maybe 5€  / month or making discounts on players buying larger amounts of prem time, such as 8€ / 1 month, 16 € /2 months, 30 € / 5 months or something, that would be nice. 

The game is dirt cheap, its price is not where the problems lie. What you get for the money you pay is the issue (all the bugs, bugs and again - bugs).

• Like 1

-1 to give the ability of f2p to trolls would be a bad idea. It's fine just how it is. Also the game needs to make its money, just like many other games.

• Like 2

-1 they need to make money somehow, and having people training up alts to grief people on the PvP servers would happen without the skill cap on non-premiums.

Also, silver really isn't that hard to make in-game.

• Like 2

iiit is free to play. You can play as much as you want, no one will stop you.. just your skills wont go past 20. Oh and almost forgot -1.

• Like 5

It is already (mostly) free to play. Just capped and restrictive to free players.

Would be nice! But I don't see it happening.  =)

The game is dirt cheap, its price is not where the problems lie. What you get for the money you pay is the issue (all the bugs, bugs and again - bugs).

Software this complex developed by so few people is realy impossible not to have bugs, and I as a programmer completly understand them and think they are doing great job. Never during my playtime i encountered a bug that bothered me too much. Second thing, policy of the company to not expand rapidly, but to keep it stable is something that i realy admire considering this shity modern world trends of consumer society and hyperproduction of all over the world.... 

• Like 7

Not difficult to earn the silver to have the game pay for itself, so it's already free to play. Just gotta put in some effort

• Like 1

-1 The game time is cheap enough. You can't come up with $20 every two months for entertainment you have other issues to worry about then an online game.

• Like 5

-1 The game time is cheap enough. You can't come up with $20 every two months for entertainment you have other issues to worry about then an online game.

Yes!

8e a month is nothing. That is by far the cheapest monthly entertainment that I can think of. One would be hard up trying to find a single night of entertainment for 8e. At least this is true where I live. The people behind the scenes of Wurm Online are in it to try to ensure that their players are happy, but they've also got to make living. We already have a small enough dev/management group as it is. Let's not run them off because they cannot afford to stay...

• Like 1

I think better marketing would work a lot better.

Making the game free-to-play with the current state of marketing would run the game into the ground.

This swedish game has swedish price I suppose, and in swedish  money two months prem (paypal) is worth 3 packs of cigarettes, or 2 big mac.
That  is cheap for two full months (nah 8 weeks  but they call it month)!

Edited by Cecci

F2p will attract more players indeed but players who can't pay money which ends up in a bunch of immature kids joining the wurm community

Isn't it literally F2P now? Sure there's a level cap, but you can pretty much do everything for free right now at this very moment.

• Like 3

Isn't it literally F2P now? Sure there's a level cap, but you can pretty much do everything for free right now at this very moment.

No, no you can not.

It's "free to play crippled" but not really free to play.  Wurm couldn't really manage free to play at the moment, if the servers suffer under the current load of diehards then it's going to collapse if it ever hits 5000 people online at once.

sorry -1 from me too. Others have already said the facts...now let me say - If you are a serious gamer, and love this game..You will go the extra and be a Premium player. Period.