Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Start Deed Remodel: Flamma

It is not about which one is done first. Cause no mater what you have to start somewhere. Its the fact that the GM stated that "It happens when it does." , that's getting everyone upset. As I said before this can be construed as a bias action, and I would hate to think that any of my fellow team members would want to be construed as a bias team member. My personal feelings is, I feel that no starter deed should have been done until he had enough time to do all 3 of them without stopping.

Aye, but even if he had done them all one after another, people would still be screaming about 'bias' towards the kingdom who had their starter deed remodelled first.

I do feel sorry for Jberg though, putting in all that time and effort to do something nice for the community, then having people complaining and accusing him of being biased. It's not right.

Edit: And before people start accusing me of being biased for agreeing with/defending him in his decision, think again, because I am Jenn-Kellon.

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 5

Damn clear MR bias here ladies and gentlemen, better get mad over a starter deed that has no use other than portal

I would agree, doing something for 1 side out of the blue and telling the other sides that he basically has no plan to do yours anytime soon does seem a bit bias to me.  Shouldn't matter what its over, if your going to do something for a pvp server at least plan it around a time that your not going to have to tell the other 2 groups that you don't know when you might have enough time again to get around to them to but to relax it will happen at some unknown point in the future.

Aye, but even if he had done them all one after another, people would still be screaming about 'bias' towards the kingdom who had their starter deed remodelled first.

I do feel sorry for Jberg though, putting in all that time and effort to do something nice for the community, then having people complaining and accusing him of being biased. It's not right.

All he had to do was tell people that he actually had a time planned to do theirs, and not that he would get to it when he could this is a pvp server not a pve server you can't just treat 1 kingdom to an upgrade with out planning to do it to the other very shortly or instantly after its not how pvp servers should work period.

Edited by Darklords

Looks nice.

Bias because he had time to do one and not all 3... Right. lol

• Like 1

Looking great! It's nice to have a bit of justice done to the starter towns on Elevation.

As everyone can see, this was a massive project undertaken by Jberg mostly on his own initiative so I don't blame him for needing a little rest after each one.

I know a few people are a little bit worried that Mol-Rehan was randomly chosen first to get the fancy re-design. But as Jberg says, the starter towns for Horde of the Summoned and Jenn-Kellon will get similar treatment over the coming months. However as anyone who has built a big deed like that knows, it takes one heck of a lot of time to do it all in one go when you're alone. Even with Arch GM powers! 

Starter towns are not intended to be used for usual game-play or as places to take part in PvP so this re-modelling is entirely cosmetic. There should be no gameplay benefit to Mol-Rehan for having theirs first. Similarly, when we get to the point where two of the three kingdoms have them, the final one will be at no disadvantage.

• Like 6

I feel sorry for the GMs that try to help out when they have time

Slow progress is much better than leaving them all as is looking like trash.  If high hopes was done first people would still be complaining, same with gloomshade

I agree so after the next restart we will do your kingdoms starter last ;]

I agree so after the next restart we will do your kingdoms starter last ;]

No restarts.

It's a nice design. Maybe we can design the starter towns differently tho so we don't know the layout for each starter :P

It's a nice design. Maybe we can design the starter towns differently tho so we don't know the layout for each starter :P

but then when they upload pics you'll see it... Blonde moment? :3

Maybe if people promised not to compare the starter towns and argue over which is the "best" one ;)

• Like 1

Maybe if people promised not to compare the starter towns and argue over which is the "best" one ;)

Only if you promise it won't seriously take months to redo 2 more starter deeds :rolleyes: lol.

Only if you promise it won't seriously take months to redo 2 more starter deeds :rolleyes: lol.

If you can do it faster that would be a great help :D

• Like 2

If you can do it faster that would be a great help :D

Happy to help, add me to the writ and give me the powers I need :lol:

Edited by Darklords

. However as anyone who has built a big deed like that knows, it takes one heck of a lot of time to do it all in one go when you're alone. Even with Arch GM powers! 

how long did this take out of curiosity?  the progress pictures seem to start in winter (few days ago) and i was at flamma at the 1st when i repremmed and it wasn't being worked on

edit, oh I see at the post "Time from start to finish were about 3 days"  ah yeah.. 3 days... 

Edited by Postes

okay so deed 1 took 3 days.

So in about 9 days the rest are done? 2 weeks tops?

sidenote:

208 slope up

nice accessable 3 story buildings with archery slits

only access point is a long ramp

A tower...

Edit:

After checking around apparantly every starter has had towers added to them >_>

What genius GM thought this was a good idea?

They give free influence to starter kingdoms and they also trigger missions.

Edited by Zekezor

Shame us normal peasants cant get aerial screenshots of our deeds, would be pretty

okay so deed 1 took 3 days.

So in about 9 days the rest are done? 2 weeks tops?

Only on paper.

This may shock you, but Jberg is a real person with real world things to attend to outside of the weekend, which he has spent rebuilding Flamma. He volunteers his time to make Wurm better for us when he answers support tickets, and goes above and beyond to do things like remodel kingdom start deeds. There's no point in getting him burned out by forcing him to spend 9 days straight building three deeds.

We are working on getting other team members involved in the building but we don't want to take GM away from answering the many support tickets they receive every day.

As I said earlier, these deeds are fundamentally cosmetic and they have no actual PvP gameplay benefit to their respective kingdoms. I don't think I have heard a solid reason yet why all three have to be built immediately after one another without any rest or consideration for the builder in between.

• Like 4

My only problem with this is towers on the starterdeed.

Raiding a starterdeed to do a towermission shouldn't be a thing.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

If towers being on the starter deeds is an issue I am sure they can be moved off the deeds very easily.

If towers being on the starter deeds is an issue I am sure they can be moved off the deeds very easily.

Thats the only problem i see with this, you have to catapult a deed with more guards than any other deed on the server in a highly populated area to do a mission for very little karma and scenario points for a very low chance to win an award, just doesn't really seem logical. It would be come a mission that would be skipped more often than not as the risk heavily outweighs the reward.

If that opinion could be put forward, that would be excellent.

Edited by Propheteer

The Flamma deed does look great.  I will try and help Jberg expedite the rebuild on the others.

We will consider the towers and its ramifications.

• Like 8

Initially moved towers outside the fenced perimeter, but still on deed. No catapulting necessary. May move further depending on input and considerations.

• Like 3

That looks absolutely fabulous! Great work JBerg :)

I don't play on Epic but don't understand the upset either if they are simply starter areas with cosmetic upgrades. After 3 days of grinding a deed like that, I'm sure many would have the same response of "when it gets done" . Not as a blow off to whoever asked but a simple implication of "I just spent 3 days doing this one!"  Aside from all the GMs have had to do with all the tickets / bugs since bridges, helping those with the troubles and fixing said bugs and having a life outside of Wurm, It's impressive you still had the drive and time to get it done so I say good for you man! It looks great and I'm sure the others will be just as awesome!

• Like 1

There's no reason to be upset. There are no conspiracies. People are idiots if they think artifacts would be stored there.

No towers make sense, but the rest is just excuses to ###### as always.

I hope you don't operate those bridges like my local highway system, where half the lanes are always closed for "construction."