Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Put in an Auction House already

The game world is huge. Finding people online and with goods that can be mailed is a pain, we all play at different times and in different time zones. Using the forums is ridiculous, and goes back to the ship by mail problem because, let's face it, we have too many maps and the travel times are atrocious. Merchants and Traders? Running all over for days and days hunting towns and markets for the thing you might want is the most idiotic thing in this game.

I live high on a mountain. Others live on remote islands or far from others. Heck, everyone lives as far from others as possible. We should be able to build an Auction Building, finalize it with say some silver and an Auctioneer pops into it and you can buy and sell across all servers, with delivery time dependent on how far away the buyer is. You (Code Club AB) takes a small percentage of the sale and look, you have a steady cash flow, we get what we want and we can get back to playing and crafting instead of traveling.

Edited by Mark

-1, we already have a forums and the postal system, as well as many players willing to do deliveries for a fee. Complete waste of time, and against the nature of a sandbox game. We need LESS spoonfeeding from mechanics, especially of things players can already do for themselves. Next you'll be asking for a quest system >,<

• Like 1

-1, we already have a forums and the postal system, as well as many players willing to do deliveries for a fee. Complete waste of time, and against the nature of a sandbox game. We need LESS spoonfeeding from mechanics, especially of things players can already do for themselves. Next you'll be asking for a quest system >,<

You just stated all of the terrible systems in place already I ranted against in my post. How is this a good system?

And no, I don't want quests. I just want something better for my time investment I can afford.

Edited by Mark

"SIGH"

One of the things that keeps me in Wurm is the fact that its a simplistic survival sandbox game that evolves around crafting and building my skills(even if they take grinding.)

If I want a complex trading or empire building game there's plenty to choose from.  Im not against some kind of reworking of the trade system but am against anything that changes the focus of

the game to a trade centric mmo. When I need stuff I never seem to have a problem getting it and for me personally I just make it myself.

Your thread hasn't seen any action since February, so I started a new one.

good

should have been locally for servers a long time ago.

I would be all for a WoW type of auction system in game covering all servers within it. Thing is, this is way too sophisticated and time consuming to setup for Wurm's antiquated systems. This will never happen here as the Dev's will not devote the time to it, justified by the "reason" that it doesn't fit in with the games concept, whatever that is. Although it would be very beneficial to the player base and create additional income for the game with a listing fee, which I guess Merchants now get anyway, I can never see this happening.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Im all for any kind of auction house implementation, as long as its not a global one, or to be more specific one with global shipping and realtime-updated prices anywhere in a cluster.

Personally it should be something akin to merchants and traders, and restricted to a local region.

• Like 1

some sort ingame auction will make life more easy... and bring some coins in coffers...  its about time!

idk why is not already ingame!!!!  hello devs! wakeup already

Its been rebirthed!

The darkness arises!

mwahahaha

Gotta -1 on this.  I'd rather see something more unique and original for Wurm.

The ability to export contents of a merchant might be a step in the right direction.

I prefer Mom & Pop shops.  Just think an auction house in Wurm is a bit like trying to paint on a fine canvas with a flame-thrower.

-1, but if you can come up with a brilliant idea on how to load crates into a crate rack u could also make it work on merchants. that'd be a sight to behold.

14 hours ago, Arium said:

-1, but if you can come up with a brilliant idea on how to load crates into a crate rack u could also make it work on merchants. that'd be a sight to behold.

idk what you mean but at glasshollow we already sell bulk and horses via keys on merchants

+1 if:

- Auction houses covers each server only, and with a simple cost to it. This encourages trading routes, and it has some money sink to it.

- Tax. Only for money drain - if it goes to the kingdom or down a hole into the void, I dont care - there should be more drains!

- Ability to list goods in a container (bulk in crate for example) as one item, so you dont have to buy those 20k wemps by dragging and dropping as much.

- The more you list, the more it costs ofc. This will make it "fair" to newbies trying to earn their way to premium by selling stuff ingame.

- Some items may not be listed, like a knarr. There should still be trading amongst people.

Want me to hand you a simple solution out of the blue? Well the first thing I could think of is something thats not including an auction house tho, and may not be very thought through. :P

- Make a new, small server. This is the only place you can put merchants (ye, I know thats drastic), and no building is allowed on this server.

- Rework merchants to act as merchants - not banks. And enable courier on merchants/stalls here.

- Mailing from this "market" server costs less (like 10i per postal instead of 1c).

With the plotting system every server is basically 1 jump away, but Xanadu is so big you feel you have to use the whole weekend to trade with someone there. :ph34r:

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

If devs don't do it there could be a community based effort to make a website like this http://warframe.market 

+1 as long as those who payed for merchants can get their money back (assuming they can't already, never owned one)

• Like 1