Sign in to follow this  
irobotnik8

Spell list change

The spell list is set to randomize after server resets.  It was done to prevent macros, so not likely they will give us an alphabetical list.

The spell list is set to randomize after server resets.  It was done to prevent macros, so not likely they will give us an alphabetical list.

Then reversing the alphabetization after each server reset would essentially have the same effect. 

Then reversing the alphabetization after each server reset would essentially have the same effect. 

Not really, that would just make it so all a cheater would need is 2 macros, one alphabetical and the other reverse alphabetical.  A random list after resets assures they would have to rewrite the macro each reset, and most cheaters are lazy to begin with.

Not really, that would just make it so all a cheater would need is 2 macros, one alphabetical and the other reverse alphabetical.  A random list after resets assures they would have to rewrite the macro each reset, and most cheaters are lazy to begin with.

Judging by youtube videos a cheater will simply make a bunch of macros and use whichever one works for the day... so no, randomizing doesn't help. On the other hand, it inconveniences every legitimate player.

(Ask me for a source and I'll pm you a link. I'm not posting here cuz it's probably not allowed). 

Edited by irobotnik8

Spell randomization does nothing to counter macroing.

Please alphabetize the list so your loyal playerbase doesn't continue to pull their hair out from frustration. :D

The crap that I've seen in the name of 'anti-macroing' in this game is just inane. We have... what... several hundred active players, total? And out of those, how many could POSSIBLY be macroing? 5? 10? Maybe? Ever?

Ban the people who macro and be done with it, but don't put in asinine 'anti-macro' things which just screw with everyone else.

• Like 2

Making business decisions based on the actions of a few (macro users) versus the many (the loyal player base) is a good way to go out of business.

+1

Would love key-binds for spells too, mostly combat spells.  Very annoying when trying to pvp with spells, takes a long time to open the list and look for the right spell without moving.