Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

While you work on permissions, consider this?

How about an account-wide permission block for deeds? I have 3 characters on the same account. They cannot help each other on deeds because to the game, they are just some Joe off the streets. I would love to see a permission setting for accounts as in for alts bound to the same email.

• Like 4

Well not a bad idea, but if someone sells an account to somebody else, there is a chance of theft? due to account wide permissions. Because most players dont change e-mail before selling their accounts. 
So kinda a good setting, but when someone loses something due to this setting, won't be good. (1 more thing to keep in mind while doing account transfers, more hassle less comfort)
Easier to add friend to someone and give them permissions.

Well not a bad idea, but if someone sells an account to somebody else, there is a chance of theft? due to account wide permissions. Because most players dont change e-mail before selling their accounts. 

So kinda a good setting, but when someone loses something due to this setting, won't be good. (1 more thing to keep in mind while doing account transfers, more hassle less comfort)

Easier to add friend to someone and give them permissions.

People also don't remove friends or leave their alliance when they sell accounts. This would be their responsibility as would any other account security setting.

+1 good idea

but do not forget PvP players and all their spy alts, they will not want their permissions connected :P

• Like 1

I would love account settings for multiple deeds.  On top of which if we could nominate one char to have the mayor bash bonus on other owned deeds it would be awesome!!! This changing of deeds to other mayors just so we can easily remove fences and walls and then change it back, having to wait 24 hours before we can change back, both chars have to be premium at the time, and all that nonsense, is really cumbersome. 

Edit I forgot to say +1

Edited by Fairyshine

Maybe PvE only? As it would be permissions, those are separate between Freedom and Chaos/Epic right?

If the chaosians want to still have spy alts not linked to their main emails, they can always create an account on a throw-away email - it's not like those are hard to come by.

I vote for all perms working like mine doors, by name.

• Like 1

I vote for all perms working like mine doors, by name.

This would be the way to go for deed permissions. Right now we can add a new Village name to the bottom box but that allows the total Village to have these permissions. The ability to add a players name to this box should also be available. Not really sure why it isn't.

Currently for me it is not a problem because my Villages have no citizens in them that can create any problems but I imagine many others have citizens in their deeds and would like to just put individual names in for specific permissions on their other deeds.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Totally agree..I wanted to start a new topic..but I found this one and it basically said what I was thinking. I could see two areas though that it could be put. 1. Would be in the deed permission where you either manually add in the name or have it in your friends list to set permissions there. 2. Still going off the friends list..I notice the Permissions/ Settings area found under the ©haracter tab..setting where you set friend permissions for various items..It could be used like House Settings where the name list is brought up and you "allow" access to  your house..but have it in deed or friends settings. I still get the creepers about adding anyone as a friend because of what they can do..but I want to be polite. Thanks Ayes. More versatility though on deed permissions Please.

• Like 1

Everyone totally agrees, but tbh the suggestion is very unclear.

Do you want an option on any kind of permission to apply to all alts on that account? Or to do that automatically? Or some kind of setting on the deed to apply all settings to all alts?

AFAIK, the devs are working on a system where you can define groups for your permissions (for instance, your list of alts), then give that group some permission. To me that sounds like it would solve all your problems, but instead of automatically detecting alts, you just maintain the list of accounts centrally.

I belive trusted friends will be among the options for example.