Sign in to follow this  
Stormblade

Bring back Vynora Missions

Seeing how there's room for two player gawds Missions why not bring back Vynora's missions.

• Like 1

Seeing how there's room for two player gawds Missions why not bring back Vynora's missions.

It wasn't a case of there being 'room', it was a case of being unbalanced in favor of JK template kingdoms for rewards etc.

As such it's a no from me.

Make it so only Vynora JK members can do Vynora missions and same for Fo. Problem solved. 

• Like 1

It doesn't solve the problem at all it still gives two options to play per scenario plus player gods when they get working.

As Hord said its about balance and not variety, I'd think with Freedom having the choice of any of the missions as is should be more than enough. Need to remember its just a by-product on Freedom, the real mission game is on Epic and they play out entirely different there.

I agree vynora should have missions.

Edited by Uberknot

Make it so only Vynora JK members can do Vynora missions and same for Fo. Problem solved. 

Hardly, it still gives JK two chances to gain powerful items per scenario instead of 1 as per every other kingdom. Allowing only followers to completemissions would also stuff up the many players who are follow other gods for various reasons. I can also just imagine the uproar when everyone on Freedom can only do 1 mission, though the fact that that could have come about because someone wanted even more missions made a suggestion would be hilariously ironic ;)

Not when it unfairly gives a certain kingdom an advantage -1

BUMP!!

I disagree with all excuses above.

At least make it an option, (default option: disabled, if that makes you sleep better)... let every server admin and community decide for themselves what to put in and what not.

In a world where 4 players are the same person, the game in question is 90% community mod balanced and 10% dev balanced... I think we can agree to disagree ;)

Woiuld really like to see more of a user friendly approach from the devs, rather than doing it their way cause <random reason that seems appropriate>.

Let people decide what to enable or disable on their servers, and block it off any way you want for your offical WO servers? Wouldn't that be a more human approach?

Maybe fix some of those new and old bugs along the way, before releasing yet another horse texture and wall texture and bridge texture and whatnot.

Falling off(read: through) bridges while driving your cart over them,.. doesn't help if the bridge is slate or marble. Still sucks.

On the off-chance that this doesn't get buried under the rug at first sight:

Thanks for reading and I hope someone will start taking better care of this game, cause it has an incredible amount of ignored potential.

Edited by Himeros

1 hour ago, Himeros said:

BUMP!!

I disagree with all excuses above.

At least make it an option, (default option: disabled, if that makes you sleep better)... let every server admin and community decide for themselves what to put in and what not.

In a world where 4 players are the same person, the game in question is 90% community mod balanced and 10% dev balanced... I think we can agree to disagree ;)

Woiuld really like to see more of a user friendly approach from the devs, rather than doing it their way cause <random reason that seems appropriate>.

Let people decide what to enable or disable on their servers, and block it off any way you want for your offical WO servers? Wouldn't that be a more human approach?

Maybe fix some of those new and old bugs along the way, before releasing yet another horse texture and wall texture and bridge texture and whatnot.

Falling off(read: through) bridges while driving your cart over them,.. doesn't help if the bridge is slate or marble. Still sucks.

On the off-chance that this doesn't get buried under the rug at first sight:

Thanks for reading and I hope someone will start taking better care of this game, cause it has an incredible amount of ignored potential.

I think you missed the point of this suggestion.

Our main focus is Wurm Online, which is 100% developer balanced. It does not have mods and other features that Wurm Unlimited has.

Wurm Unlimited gets most updates from Wurm Online, and we're working towards better mod support and other features, but at this point spending more time on a feature just to allow some WU server admins to disable it lengthens the time it takes for us to introduce new features and address bugs. 

Back on topic, the reason vynora was disabled from missions was due to both Fo and Vynora being connected with jenn kellon, meaning jenn-kellon had 2 gods they could do missions for and 2 opportunities at receiving rewards. Vynora was reduced to ally status to allow better balance across the three kingdoms 

JK - Fo

MR - Mag 

HotS - Lib

So, what was the reasoning behind choosing Vynora over Fo? I'd think Vynora has more followers and priests or?

Fo was an older god and was more powerful (lore wise)

mechanic wise, Fo had better stats if I recall and it was one or the other. 

Enable Vynora missions for all three kingdoms? You get additional opportunity but not too big, couse all 3 kingdoms can participate.

Edited by Wilczan

Still, if you make the Wurm Online features in a more "open" kind of way, you'd also be making it easier on yourselves later porting them to Wurm Unlimited.

I mean, since Wurm Unlimited launched,  if you make the features more open and configurable to begin with, so you could, on the WO servers, enable/disable options, setting them how you think is most appropriate for the WO servers and lore, but still actually leaving them open to be configured later on, seems to me all you'd then have to do is include them in the next WU update or somethig along those lines.

My point is; why do everything twice?

Edited by Himeros

Many new systems are included as server features in which server admins can enable or disable.

Spending time to make sure every addition can be configured in WU would draw out development time extensively, so our main focus is releasing it in WO, server admins are welcome to mod any system to change how they see fit. 

Not every server admin is by default a modder, though.

And without any mentionable mod support, being welcome to mod, doesn't get you there.
Hope it gets there soon.

On 9/19/2017 at 8:22 AM, Retrograde said:

Fo was an older god and was more powerful (lore wise)

mechanic wise, Fo had better stats if I recall and it was one or the other. 

Lorewise, can a case be made for Vynora turning away from JK such that her missions would not create an imbalance on the PvP side?

10 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Lorewise, can a case be made for Vynora turning away from JK such that her missions would not create an imbalance on the PvP side?

Fo is the deity of nature. "To passionately strike down at those who aim to destroy these creations is to love Fo." (Opposite of Libila)

Magranon is the deity of fighting for justice and freedom. "That force must be utterly defeated! No victory will be possible unless we cleanse the world of that evil." 

Libila is the evil, dark goddess of the Horde of the Summoned template kingdoms. "You are expected and required to use all effective means available: Terror, deception, torture, death, sacrifices" (Opposite of Fo)

Vynora is the Goddess of knowledge, creation, water and fishing. "Therefore most of us are peaceful and strive after a calm and orderly way to gather knowledge."

One is not like the otheeeeerrsss :PPpPPpPP

Its not about Vyorna turning away from JK its about Vyorna turning away from the bloody conquest and war between the 3 kingdoms as she does not fight for this, she belongs outside the war for those peaceful ppl on freedom :P (lorewise)

I think the devs did the best they could with the lore and balances choosing Vyn over Fo

Edited by Nocturnes