Sign in to follow this  
Duderino

Cant see, Nerf winter

There is a saying: Too much white is not good for health

Yes my eyes hurt

Render gloom is off and setting are medium.

0y9DZXj.jpg

Edited by Duderino

Yeah srsly, i agree, its like when you look at your phone at night and it burns your eyes :/

Snow blindness!

I get the same issue and I don't even have bloom/HDR enabled.

I dont mind winter but some better colour scheme can be done. 

All my settings are ok and yes gloom is off. 

would be great if we could choose the wurm season for our client. 

• Like 3

100% agree ... so happy when winter is over tonight ... it's just horrible ... I have all on max details and it's like staring in a welding arc ...

Either make the textures non-terrible (and test them on a variety of screens + cards) or make winter textures optional. Seasons are charmy and variety usually makes things interesting but blind players can't play very well.

Have you all tried adjusting your monitors?

-1, I dont see how it's any different than fog, just another vision obscuring weather effect.

-1, I dont see how it's any different than fog, just another vision obscuring weather effect.

It's hard to convey it in a picture since the problem won't show on your screen unless you're a victim of it but it's not just a vision obscuring effect. Nothing is obscured, it's the light it emits that's the problem because it actually hurts your eyes. Those who have seen it know what I mean and those who haven't.. Well, I hope you'll take our word for it because we're not asking the devs to gimp a feature for anyone. We're asking them to improve it in a way that makes everyone able to enjoy it.

Fog doesn't last a week.

I can say I really hate the snow "textures" (pretty much just white on top of every tile) they are severely blinding.

It is slightly beneficial when hunting for creatures, but can be irritating when hunting during the day when the sun is reflecting against the snow.

Immersion comes with stuff like fog and snow, leave it I say.  Invent sunglasses.

Although it could be darkened a tad, even with bloom off it is blinding at times.

Edited by bwg

For me it's pretty easy to lower the brightness of my monitor/screen. There are buttons/menus on it specifically for that purpose. Have you all tried that?

People say 'adjust your brightness'.

Then you have to change it again if youre playing a different game.

If you are like me and can play wurm and LoL/CSGO/GTA etcetc at the same time having to constantly change brightness is a pain. Especially for those dark corners like ramp on nuke >.>