Sign in to follow this  
tindolt

HELP | Window Being pushed

Hello there I am having a problem with the client when I try to go to login I can not use my mouse in the window of said login area. My mouse just pushes the top left corner of the window to wherever it goes.

PC Specs:

-AMD FX 8320 8-core (3.5ghz)

-12 gb ram (I don't beleive they are all going towards java)

-Windows 8.1

-AMD radeon 5450

-1 tb hdd

If you can help that would be nice otherwise just please don't post.

What type of mouse are you using? I had a wireless mouse that the lense would get dirty on and do this same type of thing.

I am not too familiar with Win8 but try going to Control Panel > SYSTEM > ADVANCED SYSTEM > PERFORMANCE > SETTINGS > VISUAL EFFECTS > Adjust for best performance.  That should turn off a lot of razzledazzle desktop "bells and whistles" including a lot of Aero-type visual effects that tend to interfere with mouse and games (it might make windows a little uglier though - for me it is worth the tradeoff but maybe not for you).  I would also suggest turning off *anything* running in the background and experiement also with turning off chat type progams until you can eliminate them as adding to the problem (ie, get the game running smooth FIRST, then slowly add back in things you used to enjoy ruunning too)

Another thing to try:  disable pointer trails for your mouse

• Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options tab
  • Uncheck the Display pointer trails box

> -12 gb ram (I don't beleive they are all going towards java)

Probably not. If possible see if there is a crash log in your Wurm folder called hs_err_pid####  (bunch of numbers).  You should be able to open it in notepad and copy paste the contents here.  That will alert us to possible issues such as 32-bit JAVA being used and limiting your memory, or if you have a laptop with "switchable graphics" that is using the battery saving intel graphics instead of the radeon 5450.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I am using a Logitech g100s wired mouse and I will try that aero theme disabling or whatever when I get home.

P.S. I amusing a desktop and have no switchable graphics my mb does not support it.

Okay so those didn't work. I tried updating java and that did not help.

Edited by tindolt