Sign in to follow this  
gainan

stairs

I made all the stairs that where availible before the standalone staircase was made, here is a picture of it, I might add the standalone later.

Ba0G0WC.jpg

Screenshot of standalone stairs. Pretty nice looking :)

It took me a few tries to figure out how to build it though. You need to plan a staircase with an opening, add it to crafting window together with a mallet or hammer.  The "opening" part goes away when the stairs are complete.Recipe window says you need mallet/hammer + planned floor, which is not 100% correct... 

87.jpg

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 2

i think this option can really open up the creative minds of deed owners, this has I have to say been one of the best updates I have seen (mind you only been playing 2 years) what with stairs and the long awaited bridges and all the small cosmetic updates as well I think the update team deserve a pat on the back and maybe an extra cream cake.

Stone staircase..  I wanted to make a staircase up to the archway on second tier. I didn't realize it would have a floor platform at the top....not what I expected.  Now I'm not sure what I will do..

wurm.20150514.2156_zpsxybsp24m.jpg

• Like 5

Apparently they removed all models except a wood stair that have wood/stone/marble etc floor tile at the very top. The staircase itself is identical in each version. 

Hard on players also who lack ability to board a cart as commander or LOAD items into the cart. For veteran players, no problem other than hassle factors. For new players, impossible.

The work around might be if it allows you to PULL a bed up a stairway, I would try standing on the top and using PULL rather than PUSHING from below.  I have no idea if ir would work. 

The other option is a main staircase out in the open and a secondary ladder hidden in a corner area.

Might be nice if we could make a trapdoor ladder that extended only for hauling things up and down and is otherwise hidden from view:

sliding-loft-ladder.jpg

If you made all ladder openings like this, and allow them to be open and shut only by people on the writ, it could be ... interesting.

What an awesome idea! Just perfect for my hidden room too!

I actually have one (well it was a secret) in one of my buildings. Right now you have to climb floors, go into what appears to be a normal 1 x 1 room and then look under the bed for a ladder. The ladder then takes you to an interior room that is 2 floor high, 1 tile wide and 3 tiles long.

~Nappy (hmmm, swinging book shelves would be cool too - grin)

how about a secret bookcase door?

that only opens to either deed owner or writ guests

I love stairs, they protect us from the Daleks.

Also plus one to secret doors!