Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Traders on Xanadu?

Well it has been awhile now and as we all know the traders seem to have taken a nerf so should we allow them on Xanadu now since they seem to be more balanced?  

I think it might be a good way to inject some quick cash into the game and Rolfs pocket...what do you think? 

honestly no

i say that already being a trader owner elsewhere

Actually, I think the trend and balancing just shows that Wurm doesn't need private traders anymore.  Even though I have one, I would rather see all traders except those at spawn villages totally removed from the game.

• Like 6

First off the ratio of deeds to traders matters and those people *cough who can buy a bunch of them early will cash in like every other time.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

The current rare coin drops and token sales are a much better distribution of coins so I would vote no on private traders.

• Like 2

The current rare coin drops and token sales are a much better distribution of coins so I would vote no on private traders.

Well they are two separate systems and to my knowledge they don't affect each other..ie we don't get more sell/rare coins on xanadu than any other server. (it is the same percentage) 

In a way you are getting cheated out of part of the game when you live on Xanadu since you can not own a trader and is something i have struggled with since Xanadu has opened. I can live on Xanadu where i would prefer to be or on one of the side servers where i have access to all the options. (if i could have a trader on Xanadu then there would be no other problems for me)

I guess it comes down to feeling like i am missing out on something when i am on Xanadu, lol

Edited by Kegan

People went to Xanadu because it did not take part of their deeds upkeep and give it to People who could afford to plant a bunch of Traders.  The whole Idea was to STOP a select crowd from gouging coin from the Traders.  You know if you don't like it you don't have to have a deed there and can sit back on your other Trader deeds on the other servers.

• Like 1

Hmm there was never a promise that there will be the same trader system on Xanadu so I feel no cheating there... To add I'm not jealous, could afford a few traders on Xanadu and currently have access to traders on old servers.

No thanks, I don't see why we would need them back.

The server does not need a bunch of 1x1 or 3x3 shacks littering the landscape which is exactly what would happen if this was implemented.

Big -1

Of course not. No private traders on Xanadu.

Yall are so funny, my 5 (yes 5) traders combined earn around 6 silver which doesn't even come close to covering my prem, 3 deeds upkeep, or rare weapon fetish...

Personally yall's complaining has gotten them nerfed so much I'd just rather see them removed from the game entirely.

Get over it people and stop creating the same old topic over and over.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

Actually, I think the trend and balancing just shows that Wurm doesn't need private traders anymore.  Even though I have one, I would rather see all traders except those at spawn villages totally removed from the game.

First off the ratio of deeds to traders matters and those people *cough who can buy a bunch of them early will cash in like every other time.

People went to Xanadu because it did not take part of their deeds upkeep and give it to People who could afford to plant a bunch of Traders.  The whole Idea was to STOP a select crowd from gouging coin from the Traders.  You know if you don't like it you don't have to have a deed there and can sit back on your other Trader deeds on the other servers.

Sums it all up nicely and I agree with these points made. The ability to drain huge amounts of silver from Traders on Xanadu finally seems under control, being offset with rare coin drops and Token sales. So good to see this reduced on Xanadu with no Trader placement being part of the process.

Those with the old Trader deed compulsion are still welcome on other servers where they can reside if they can not let go of this option. Yet even on those servers there has been a large selloff of Trader deeds over the past year+. All these trends should indicate that this wind of change has been a positive process with a more equitably distributed coin giveaway system available to all players.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

-1 From me. I own a couple of traders on other servers but I don't miss them on Xanadu. I've been making money crafting and selling stuff instead, which is more fun and makes more sense. New players even buy some cheap lower ql gear now that they can earn some coins foraging or hunting.

• Like 1

I moved to Xan to get away from the trader drama. Keep your free money faucets off our server.

No free coin distribution through traders on Xan.  Server seems to be surviving nicely without it.  That evidence should be enough to prove that eliminating traders on other servers is the proper design choice. 

Having said that, I'm not convinced that all the money that would have been diverted to traders is instead going to rare coins/token on Xan.  And I'm even more confused on where the funds for rare coins/token on other servers come from where the trader system is still active.

Disclaimer.  I let my trader in Indy lapse some time ago and have not replaced.  I still manage one trader as part of a small to medium sized village (land wise) and coin returns have been more than adequate to fund village upkeep and cover a month of premium on an alt from time to time.

I'd like to see...

1. Remove traders from the game.

2. Refund those who have traders ~20s.

3. Add virtual shop accessible at any token or merchant that lets you buy the various trader-trinkets traders currently sell. These trinkets are simply put in inventory when purchased.

4. Add a "Buy merchant", which we program with some simple regex logic and stock with coins, that serve as a NPC purchasing proxy for its owner. Our current merchants are "Sell merchants".

Rare coins and sell are working well. These systems are far better then the trader thing ever was. How many threads have we seen where folks complain about these two new mechanics? I'd say very few. The only complaint I've seen is people being disappointed "Sell" is out of money.

Rare coins and sell are working well. These systems are far better then the trader thing ever was. How many threads have we seen where folks complain about these two new mechanics? I'd say very few. The only complaint I've seen is people being disappointed "Sell" is out of money.

Edited by Kegan